Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Old Farts – get those t shirts out – strike back against Da Kidz this Friday!
  • binners

Dig your old tour t shirt out on Friday, you bunch of old duffers

wear your old band t shirt to work day

Reclaim those Ramones and Motorhead t shirts from X Factor contestants, and other such fashioistas, who’ve no idea who they actually are.

What you wearing then.

bikebouy
    Free Member

This:

maccruiskeen

Ramones? Motorhead? Tshirts? Bloody whippersnappers. I’ll be wearing me Edison one piece union suit.

Raindog
    Free Member

I stopped buying gig tee shirts around twenty years ago – if I had any left I don’t think they’d fit me 🙂 I did have a Van Halen 1984 shirt until about 1998 though…..

nbt

Here’s a pic of me on last year’s day

well, I’ve got that t-shirt anyway

maccruiskeen

you wear the pants too?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙂

DezB
    Free Member

That is one cool t shirt DD!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or for next week when I’m on a romantic date with the Mank boys:

noteeth
    Free Member

Surely it’s time for a Carter USM revival – the socio-economic conditions are perfect.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2LI4gGgXvs[/video]

derekrides
    Free Member

I don’t think I’ve still got any gig shirts, I’ll just wear my normal shirt when faced with youf.

nbt

We’re doing this at work and the Dev Manager has offered a pub lunch for the oldest t-shirt. Might be onto a winner here as he’s 26 and I have t-shirts older than him…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Xentrix! Wow thats a blast from the past.Glasgow Barrowlands supporting, cant remember arounf 1990 IIRC.

should still have a lovely long sleeved Carcass tour shirt. May even have a motorhead 1916 T shirt from 1990 somewhere.

nbt

Glasgow Barrowlands supporting, cant remember arounf 1990 IIRC.

Arrrggh – I saw the opening night (Nottingham Rock City) and closing night (Bradford Queens Hall) of that tour, and I can’t remember either!

wow – google rocks

http://www.setlist.fm/setlists/xentrix-5bd62fb8.html

Annihilator.

DezB
    Free Member

Haven’t got any old ones, only new ones cos I is young and trendy in’t I.
    My fave one is this:

So I’ll wear that.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I had one of these until the misses chucked it out 🙁 Would love to wear it on Friday

stumpy01

Unfortunately I had a clear out a while back and got rid of most of mine.

I still have an old Metallica t-shirt 4 grey head silhouettes with tour dates on the back that must be from about ’94. It’s covered in paint though from decorating (hangs head in shame).

I also have a Wildhearts long sleeve t-shirt from a similar date & a Pantera ‘Far Beyond Driven’ long sleeve t-shirt. They are both very worn, but I can’t throw them away.
    I threw away my favourite Wildhearts “Thank PHUQ your not beautiful” t-shirt and have regretted it ever since. I wonder if they meant to spell it “your”, instead of “you’re”….?!

I used to have loads of them….GnR, White Zombie, Monsters of Rock – Donington, Black Crowes, all sorts of Metallica ones, The Almighty (Powertrippin’ face)…….sighs……

brassneck

<bows before DezB>

I is old and knackered but Losing My Edge still does it for me

brassneck

Best thing about old band t shirts is they all come back around sooner or later.

I shall be wearing ‘She Bangs The Drums’ Squires artwork.

DezB
    Free Member

😆 I’m old and knackered too, but too senile to realise!

binners

I’m actually struggling a bit myself. Used to have loads. Its either a more recent:

Or proper old school

What d’ya reckon?

xcgb
    Free Member

Ah the old Hawkwind 79 one may be coming out!

Cougar

Faith No More for me I fear.

votchy
    Free Member

Pity I’ve <cough> outgrown <cough> mine, maiden- beast on the road ’83 would’ve been a good one

DezB
    Free Member

What you got on then?

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I only have two band t-shirts, both purchased because what I was wearing had got soaked in sweat down at the front and I needed to change.

After the Cribs I was too drunk to realise I was buying a girls’s size, so that one is out for wearing to work, so it’s this

(or it would be if I’d remembered this morning)

lesa
    Free Member

I’ll try to find my Rush Farewell to kings tour shirt

billysugger
    Free Member

Kylie’s got nothing on nbt.

I’m buying a road bike and a pair of them.

binners

Great comment from Lauren Laverne

Band T shirts that have been washed a thousand times feel like angels wings 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m wearing my VH t-shiart as I said I would. Complete with jeans and biker boots as it happens..

I rock me.

MrSparkle

My oldest surviving tour shirt:

The missus threw away my Ramones tour shirt from ’86. Aaaargh!

wwaswas

You youngsters!

I’ll be wearing this;

nbt

Couldn’t decide so double shirted. Outer layer is a 1986 “5150” t-shirt from Van Halen, which is older than my boss and thus puts me in the running for the free pub lunch for the oldest t-shirt. I did buy it from HMV though, not on tour

Inner layer is the Seventh Tour of a Seventh Tour t-shirt, bought at Manchester Apollo, 1st December 1988, Killer Dwarfs were the support act.

Looks like I used my “Shattered Existence” t-shirt for painting in, it’s covered in paint splatters 🙁

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Twas a good year for Donington

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Old Farts – get those t shirts out – strike back against Da Kidz this Friday!’ is closed to new replies.