Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • OK, ‘fess up- who nominated XTR 12 speed for the Singletrack Awards?
  • vinnyeh

Nominations must still be available for retail sale and not be discontinued.

Christ on a bike, afaik it hasn’t even been released yet, with no real pricing available, how can some of you people nominate this presumably without riding it, let alone testing it for any period?

I’m presuming, of course, that there was a pretty impressive response from the Readers nominating this for the Readers Awards.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mr S Himarno and his friend Madison?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why this XTR? Yes, yes it is.

Mister-P
    Free Member
    nwmlarge
    Free Member

That is stupid, how can you nominate something you have never touched?

kelvin

I have had no negative experiences with it yet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

<h3>Even better!!!</h3>

<h3>Shimano XTR groupset</h3>

• Price: TBC

RobHilton
    Free Member

I nominate Kylie’s ass.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I just requested some test kit so I can have an opinion

are you new here? If nobody sends me some I shall be basing my opinion on a deore setup I used in 2007, it’s going to be the same isn’t it.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Mikewsmith. He LOVES Shimano stuff.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

left hand shifters in stock at r2-bike

<script src=”safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/1b2f4029/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js” type=”text/javascript”></script><script src=”safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/1b2f4029/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js” type=”text/javascript”></script>

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The 105 on my gravel bike is great, the brakes don’t even leak ;)

sillyoldman

According to my LBS it’s due Sept/Oct depending on the particular options wanted (of which there are many!). He gave me pricing no problem too, so it’s not being kept secret….

Do you think that all people that vote for these things have tried them all, or maybe just voting for what they are saving up for?

vinnyeh

left hand shifters in stock at r2-bike

Yeah, but “everyone” nominated the groupset, not the LH shifter.

So, in lieu of XTR, what did everyone nominate?

rene59
    Free Member

You know the new forum software is shite when it’s been trumped by a helmet, sunglasses and a pair of shoes in the Best Software category!

vinnyeh

Do you think that all people that vote for these things have tried them all, or maybe just voting for what they are saving up for?

I was just asking who had voted for XTR, sillyoldman.

Nobody has admitted to that yet. I’m sure there’s a bit of aspirational voting though.

sillyoldman

My comment was aimed at Captain Sram rather than you Vinnyeh. ;-)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Specialized 2FO shoes!  Who the hell nominated those?

russyh
    Free Member

Goodness me i just looked at all of the finalists??  Bizarre.

rOcKeTdOg

how can some of you people nominate this presumably without riding it, let alone testing it for any period?

If you know the right people you’ll have been testing it for a month or so now but can’t talk about it due to the embargo

Rubber_Buccaneer

If those are reader nominations you lot are odd.

Mister-P
    Free Member

They do look a bit special and not in a good way.

RobHilton
    Free Member

how can some of you people nominate this presumably without riding it

If Kylie would let me…

vinnyeh

If you know the right people you’ll have been testing it for a month or so now but can’t talk about it due to the embargo

Are you saying that it’s been nominated by people who know the right people?

Or was that a sidenote?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve got the older ones, not sure if they would be a product of the year but I do like them.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but can’t talk about it due to the embargo

Does that include nominating it? ;) Wonder when we get the STW comment…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s on a par with last year’s Hope bike winning best bike…

martinhutch

If the Revive can be shortlisted more than two years after it became available, perhaps the Hope bike can make it two in a row.

DezB
    Free Member

Whole thing baffles me anyway. Best Bikeshop? One in South Otterington? Cool I was gonna vote for that, but it’s 300 miles away. £110 Jarvis Cocker glasses? Yeah, I’ll have 6 pairs please.  Bikes under £1500? Erm, I’ve got a Genesis singlespeed 26er, that might win.

Wassit all for?

tthew

I suppose if people just stuck to voting for what they’ve bought and personally tested over the year, by the law of averages Shimano M520 pedals would have taken the crown for the last 20 years straight. :-)

chrismac

IT does seem a bit bizarre that product not on the market in practical terms are nominated

eddiebaby
    Free Member

True, all a bit like Top Gear readers voting for supercars they’ll never drive (or probably see in the flesh), should be no vote without a receipt showing you’d bought it or at least tested it…

And why no Pizza Oven, Estate Car, Craft Beer or Log Pile awards?

To be honest these ‘awards’ in most industries are always about the shiny stuff, so bring on the voting!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Wassit all for?

An excuse for a piss-up as verifiable bussiness expenditure.

DezB
    Free Member

An excuse for a piss-up as verifiable bussiness expenditure.

Do they need real votes for that?

russyh
    Free Member

This is getting more bizzare…the orange stage 4!!! My mate has one but it’s barely sold by orange I’m told!  Never seen a thread about it, never seen one in the flesh other than my mates.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was mostly disappointed that my free to enter, race how you like enduo, xc, gravel DH, road race, fun, super serious and chilled race series from 2019 wasn’t nominated.

jonnyboi

A cynic would suggest they made them all up. Not me though

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A cynic would suggest they made them all up.

Nah that can be disproved by showing how many people nominated each thing ;)

martinhutch

Stu Rider eschews passion for cycling

*coughs*

exudes…

:)

peaslaker
    Free Member

I’m going to nominate the “XTR” cowbell I was given as a handout at the Lenzerheide world champs.  Honestly made my experience of mountain biking far superior to rattling a few stones in an empty red bull can.

(Not entirely convinced that XTR hasn’t become a bit of a cop out though;  some parts seemed to be made of bent wire and the whole thing was powder coated; not a classy anodized forging or magnesium bit anywhere)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘OK, ‘fess up- who nominated XTR 12 speed for the Singletrack Awards?’ is closed to new replies.