Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Oh No! I’ve just ordered from Bikeinn!
  • BigJohn

I’m just in the process of doing up my pub bike. I spotted the tyres were getting a bit perished so I thought it’s about time I tidied it up to make it a pleasure to ride, and go out with my buddies when they fancy a singlespeed road ride.
    It’s a real vintage bike, probably 50 years old, 531 tubing and rides like a dream. I’ve set it up as a fixed wheel.
    The wheels are 27″. Not 27.5, just 27. Which, as I like to say, means the rims are bigger than 27.5″, 28″ and 29″. Getting nice tyres for these is a bit hit and miss. Wiggle had just one Continental Ultra Sport which I snapped up for £11.99 and then I searched everywhere for another.

At last I spotted an identical listing, delivery in 3 days, for £10.99! So I ordered it. Ah, yes Bikeinn, I thought I’ve heard of them so they must be OK. £4.99 postage, hmmm, OK I suppose.

As soon as I hit confirm I remembered why I recognised the name. When I went back to the listing I realised they’d just screen-scraped the previous Wiggle and Continental pages I’d been browsing. Has anybody in the observable universe ever received anything from these shysters? Oh, well, it’s only £16 and I used Paypal so this saga might keep me entertained for a few months.

They’re actually based quite near where iDave lives and rides. I might ask him to nip round and see how my order’s doing.

ajantom

Yes, and it turned up pretty quickly.

Not in these Covid-19 times though.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Yes.

Ordered quite a few times from them and never had any issues. Last order was some Continental tyres about a month ago, they arrived within a week.

Can’t fault them really.

alan1977
    Free Member

think i bought some shimano cassette gears from them last year
    and just ordered a megneg yesterday

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ive ordered quite a lot of stuff from bikeinn and never had any problems.

They’re a bit slower, but they’re shipping from Spain aren’t they? One of those big, multi-activity sites like wiggle.

AFAICT they’re legit. Why do you think they’re shysters?

bob_summers

I believe they operate more like Amazon marketplace. Based in Spain but the stuff comes from all over. Weird setup, sometimes stuff comes quickly, other times never and you just have to cancel.

Ordered a helmet, as usual it was way cheaper than anyone else. After a week – as expected – it hadn’t been despatched so I cancelled. Searched again, they were selling the same helmet 30eur cheaper. Ordered it and it came next day. It’s almost fun to see what happens.

BigJohn

Looking at their reviews didn’t fill me with confidence. I think there’s an old thread on here that says as much.
    Oh, well, I’ll wait before ordering another tyre.

carlos
    Free Member

Ordered plenty off them and only ever had one issue with a lost parcel. I was refunded, but the whole refund process was a drag and I waited quite a while. However, whilst waiting for a refund I ordered some other bits and they turned up in about a week.

They are in Spain so a bit hit and miss with deliveries atm, Covid etc.. but I’ll use them again if the items are in stock and the price is right.

What makes you think they are Shysters??

igm

BikeInn, SnowInn and a few others are the same people. I think they are also organising / sponsoring a triathlon at the moment.

Ordered from them a few times – not always the fastest, but they can get weird stuff at good prices.

I’ve found them pretty decent.

peekay

I’ve ordered from them several times, and also used their sister website SnowInn for ski stuff.

Have never had a problem.

I’ve even used their warranty service for some Maxxis tyres that were delivered wonky.

rOcKeTdOg

Ordered 2 tyres took about 3 weeks at the height of Spanish & UK lockdown which I thought wasn’t bad

campfreddie
    Free Member

I put in a big order to them on 23rd and it is pretty clear that when they state something as ‘in stock’, it means ‘in stock with the supplier’. I have been watching the account update over the past days and have seen various items on the order switch from being marked as ‘in transit to the dispatch centre’ to ‘in stock’.

I don’t really have an issue with this, provided the final item (the actual frameset itself) doesn;t end up being ‘unavailable’ as I now have all the other parts in place from various other suppliers.

kimbers

Yeah some Mavic shoes and gyro helmet, both arrived fine, though shoes took a while iirc

StuF

Yes, ordered a chainring from them, it has taken about 2 and a half weeks to arrive but it was the cheapest place and I wasn’t in a hurry.

damascus
    Free Member

Xt brake levers but took a month to arrive

loum
    Free Member

Tyre still not turned up?

doom_mountain

Ordered near the start of lockdown, took about ten days. I’ll use them again.

Bez

For quirky-sized tyres your best bet (with good service) is probably SJS.

argee

Bought off them last month, arrived quickly, did have the oh no moment when i noticed they were based in Spain, but arrived in good time in the current climate

ogden
    Free Member

Sound like Winstanley but they communicate and deliver

tmb467
    Free Member

yep – two Hutchinson tyres oos everywhere else and they turned up within a few days

reasonable price and not too expensive on shipping

matt_outandabout

Yes. Two sets of SKS mudguards for £15ea(!)
    Took a week to arrive.
    Sorted.

scaredypants

I’ve had bike stuff and ski bindings from “TradeInn” – as said, not so fast but they’ve got there so far for me

Funnily enough, though, I’ve been waiting 2-3 wks for an order and droppe them an email to see what was up. Dispatch email came about 2hrs later. We’ll see how that works out but maybe they’re just a bit forgetful, too

Poopscoop

Yeah, they are ok, just a bit slow to deliver some times.

ampthill

Good arrived but then fraudulent transactions on my card

BigJohn

Well, I take it all back! The tyre arrived today; 13 days after ordering it. It’s the right size, exactly what I ordered.
    Not quite as efficient as the guitar cable I ordered from Gear4music, late Friday afternoon which arrived before 9am the next day, but the tyre did come from Girona.

squirrelking
    Free Member

For quirky-sized tyres your best bet (with good service) is probably SJS.

I was going to say exactly that, never had any issues with them and keep an honest tab on their stock levels.

Good to hear decent feedback for BikeInn though I’m still wary of ordering anything 26″ as I have a feeling it’ll never arrive this side of new year.

devash
    Free Member

The one time I did order from them I found them like Tredz i.e. very cheap prices but didn’t actually have the items in stock, despite their website saying they did. The order just sat pending for 2 weeks with nothing actually happening. I cancelled and was refunded in a couple of days with no problems.

daern
    Free Member

I’ve used them for plenty of stuff over the years, including my current 1×12 XT groupset. Just need to know that you’re ordering from Spain and that it can take a while for stuff to turn up, but generally I’ve found that they are pretty good at delivering when they say the will.

Oddly, I’m currently wearing shoes bought from there too! (I like Scarpa Mojitos and have had several pairs. The GTX versions cost a fortune in the UK, and as I already know my size, it’s easy to just buy from Europe instead)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

No issues here.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Oh No! I’ve just ordered from Bikeinn!’ is closed to new replies.