• This topic has 60 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Oh Lord: New Chameleon AND a alu TRc to follow..
  • hora
    Free Member

Claimed 1lb lighter Cham frame and a new 17″ size.

Oh baby…

Then a alu TRc to follow..

I_Ache
    Free Member

But will the back end be comfortable enough for you?

Stevelol
    Free Member

Sauce?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh and wouldn’t it just be a TR?

druidh
    Free Member

Or a TRa

trail_rat
    Free Member

But was it ever a minicab ???

Northwind

Stevelol – Member

Sauce?

Chameleon was in WMB a while back.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Now that I like… a lot. Any idea how the swinger dropout thing works?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Nice photos and a video over at Chop mtb. Price tag still very Santa Cruz 😕

fathomer

A Blur TRa is just what I’ve hoping for after riding the TRc a while back and loving it, £2.7k is way to much for a frame though! Where’s the info about it?

hora
    Free Member

I wonder how much a TRa would be???

fathomer

hora – Member
    I wonder how much a TRa would be???

Hopefully a good chunk less than £2.7k

hora
    Free Member

*Sits patiently waiting for late 2013* :mrgreen:

mrblobby
    Free Member

TRa… meh. Did I mention I like the look of the new Chamy though? Wonder if they’ll ever do a carbon one of those?

Notice they’ve also quietly dropped their single pivot bikes. I thought they’d been generally well received, at least by the media.

nickc

I might get a bit excited about a carbon Cham, but the new one is the least right looking one I think. I’ll probably end up with one though when/if mine breaks. There’s nothing else comparable on the market

hora
    Free Member

Carbon Cham? Thing is- by the time it got through Jungle with their markup it’d be well over 1k wouldn’t it?

nickc

Yep, which is why they’ll never make it ( despite me asking them several times!!) heyho it would’ve been ace.

Alternative is the carbon 456 which fails the ” mustn’t be ugly” test

flyingmonkeycorps

Notice they’ve also quietly dropped their single pivot bikes. I thought they’d been generally well received, at least by the media.

You mean the APP Butcher and Nickel? The Heckler and Superlight are still there…

binners

BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!! BUY ONE!!

Definitely in 17″ (too small for you) frame size!!!

I really fancy another Chameleon. But this time, can we cut to the chase, take as read the bit where you build it up, ride it once, then strip it down again and put it on the classifieds.

This time can you have it delivered straight to my house instead please? 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

It looks properly slack. Apparently the tubes are thinner too so that might make it more compliant. 😀

hora
    Free Member

binners you need to ride it though

Seeing as you cancelled the Pootle last weekend….this is what you could have done last Saturday with us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQfAZXRTJzg&feature=plcp

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

You sure its an Alu TrC & not an LT3 Mule?

The pictures floating around from the TP show it with a big Fox 36, which is way outside the parameters the TR was designed for.

Plus they have been spunking out LT2’s everywhere clearing old stock…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks quite specialized rockhopper? Nowhere near as chunky looking as the old ones.

scruff
    Free Member

Wheres the pics of the TRa / LT3 ?

How much are those new Chameleons going to be ?

ska-49
    Free Member

It is the TR Alu. Check out the Santa cruz USA site. All the info fr both bikes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pics of the TR(not carbon) or it didn’t happen and my credit card is safe

sprocker
    Free Member

hora, can see the beast on the vid any clues for the rest looks good.

nickc

Scruff £499 I think. Expensive for a reasonably conventional ali HT.

I Ache never had an issue with the stiffness ( bit of a myth IMO) and I use a I fly saddle.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Can’t find any pics/info of it on the SC USA site?

This was what I saw on the TP:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Looks more like an LT that

hora
    Free Member

Looks too slack/low to be a LT?

Sprock’ That other stuff is on Whinstone Lee Tor/Cut Throat.

sprocker
    Free Member

cheers will have a look, if that is a tra it seems to have 160 forks on bit like the blood, seems to me to be maybe a new version on the lt which is a bit tall and steep as is. Looks good whatever it is!

ojom
    Free Member

The pricelist i have before me says the Chameleon will be £599 in yellow or blue and you can have a custom colour for an extra ton n a half.
    Complete bike options are £1599, £1999 and £2699

There are other upgrades available too.

fathomer

Bargain then 🙄

ojom
    Free Member

Nothing is getting any cheaper eh.

hora
    Free Member

The pricelist i have before me says the Chameleon will be £599 in yellow or blue and you can have a custom colour for an extra ton n a half.
    Complete bike options are £1599, £1999 and £2699

There are other upgrades available too.

blah blah- TRa?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

hora – Member

Looks too slack/low to be a LT?
    The revised LT2 alu has a slacker HA – 67.6 deg, so with 34/160 forks would be 67.1 deg. The LTc sticks with the 68.1 deg HA because its too expensive to change it according to SC.

Allegedly SC are coming out with a new bike reasonably soon that will address this issue. That picture looks very LT like so perhaps its a mule for the new LT3. Presumably an LT3 would be released as both alu and carbon versions. Timing would be about right as the LT2 is now 5 years old

scruff
    Free Member

Thats got to be an LT3 shirley, shock (and forks) look too long to be a TRa.

£599?
    I’m out.

hora
    Free Member

I think I’m going to become a SC whore again.

ojom
    Free Member

Nothing called a TRa in my list – although i could be missing something as i have not researched the range yet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Oh Lord: New Chameleon AND a alu TRc to follow..’ is closed to new replies.