Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • oh FFS! (warning, iPad content)
  • big_scot_nanny

not really a rant at anything other than me, but finally yesterday bought and iPad. It''s be great for travelling and teh kids and stuff etc etc blah blah….. shiny toy *droool*

Anyway, as we're going on hols tomorrow (bit of drive to central france), I bought it this morning, took my macbook to work so I can plug the 2 together and get stuff transfered and all that jazz.

Well, bugger me, when I plugged it in, it told me "You cannot use the iPad until you upgrade to 10.5".

FFS, f**king p*ss flap, sh*t f*cking b*st*rd c*** bloody machine. 👿

Quick trip to apple store at lunch time to get snow leopard, and of course as I am on tiger I had to get the boxset. And they only had family pack in stock. 🙄

AAAARRRRGHHHHH!

laughing now, installing new OS, I bet it crashes and wipes my machine, and of course my backup is about 1 month out of date.

wayhay! iPad better be f**king worth it or I'm going postal.

Kev 😆

enduro-aid
    Free Member

its worth it dont worry

rOcKeTdOg

I like to leave computers, phones and watch at home when on holiday I get enough of all of them at work, chill out and enjoy some time off

glenh
    Free Member

Why don't you just download an app to enable you to transfer files directly via wifi on the local network, or via FTP?
    I recommend goodreader – only 59p.

molgrips
    Free Member

You had to buy the new OS? Expensive?

chill out and enjoy some time off

Why are computers incompatible with time off? Computers do not only equal work in my life.

rOcKeTdOg

THey do in mine

allthepies
    Free Member

>Why don't you just download an app to enable you to transfer files directly via wifi on the local network, or via FTP?
    I recommend goodreader – only 59p.

Don't you need to plug the iPad into iTunes to "activate" it when new ? I believe that's where the OP has hit the OS problem so he couldn't download an app to the iPad as it's not activated.

Drac

Didn't have that problem with my Dad's and windows XP.

molgrips
    Free Member

They do in mine

But perhaps not in the OP's… I like to take a computer with me so I can do stuff like search for hotels, check weather, email friends, facebook, check maps, do research on places I want to go etc etc etc. I don't open work email tho 🙂

glenh
    Free Member

They can activate it in shop when you buy it.

Not everyone has a computer to connect an iphone/ipod/ipad to.

enfht
    Free Member

I am truly amazed that nobody in their official store suggested that you might try using iMerge, it would have saved you many hours of faffing

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Suck it up you apple fanboi.

bigyinn
    Free Member

iSuck @ MAC……

wwaswas

They can activate it in shop when you buy it.

this.

thegreatape
    Free Member

If it's for your kids to use on holiday, is it really appropriate to be transferring 'all that jazz' onto it?

big_scot_nanny

thegreatape – Member
    If it's for your kids to use on holiday, is it really appropriate to be transferring 'all that jazz' onto it?

😆

working now, we'll see how it goes!

Travis

so when you're on holiday you want to play on the internet….
    what an exciting life you lead, I bet your family is so happy that you can devote this time to them.

Unless your purpose is to go on holiday and use the internet.

GrahamS

so when you're on holiday you want to play on the internet….
    what an exciting life you lead, I bet your family is so happy that you can devote this time to them.

Judgemental much?

Maybe the OP wants to read books, listen to music or even just have a couple of films to watch on the plane and some games to entertain the kids?

Would you judge him as harshly if he packed say, a couple of books, a radio, some DVDs and Scrabble?

Travis

yes, apologies, bad day, first rant, now finished.

Have a Great Holiday, send us all a (i)postcard 😀

ianpinder
    Free Member

Travis, Like he said in the op, perhap he just wants it to keep his kids amused in the car on the trip to central france.

Didn't see your apology

GrahamS

yes, apologies, bad day, first rant, now finished.

Good man.

big_scot_nanny

Actually, he was right. I am a complete w*nker. 😀

Kev

PS written from my iPad. Lovely!

cranberry
    Free Member

<reverse MacTard>
    PC!
    </reverse MacTard>

NOTE: being a reverse MacTard means that I have absolutely not read the OP or thread in any way.

PCs are so cool!

CountZero

I've got t'interweb on my phone. That would also go on holiday for navigation and OS maps, checking local places of interest, pubs etc, reading a book while having a coffee and the family are off doing something else…
    The web's there for other things, not just pron and emails.
    Have a fun time, and enjoy the Pad; I've got a computer upgrade to consider before I get one.

M6TTF
    Free Member

You only needed the 25quid snow leopard upgrade despite what they may have told you. Glad it worked out for you anyhow!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘oh FFS! (warning, iPad content)’ is closed to new replies.