Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • oh dear, i think have made a mistake.
  • AntLockyer
    Free Member

You got an email what you want is a tracking number right? Was it sent using a service that provides a tracking number? If not perhaps that’s why he’s not sent you one.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

lets have a look see, i payed for it on the 17th it is now the 24th that makes 8 days to me, last time i checked there was 7 days in a week.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

so why has he not sent me a email back saying there is not tracking service provided??

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Is that 8 full days though? What if you paid for it just before midnight on the 17th?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

valid point david, we will call it 7 days.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Maybe he’s pissed of that you are rubbishing him on a forum when he doesn’t seem to have done much wrong. Perhaps he, and this is a long shot, doesn’t spend every waking moment at the computer waiting for an email from you so he can respond in seconds.

Just a guess.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

17th was a friday too. After friday there is a saturday and a sunday which arent working days (unless your unfortunate). So the payment may not have been processed till wednesday?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Maybe they, or a relative are ill or dead.

AntLockyer
    Free Member

Severe flooding from the snow melt might have shorted his electricity out.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

as i said i wasent to bothered until i found out that he has “history” of being a bad seller. if there was nothing to back my post up then it would be unfair but as it stands he has a history of not posting items on time.

All i was after was some help from another STWer if they knew him or even if some one could vouch for him.

Just so you know online bank transfer between major banks are now instant/same day
    LINK

Woody
    Free Member

Also he may be dead, squashed to a pulp by a snowplough and lying unnoticed buried in a drift at the side of the road. It’ll all become clear in the spring and then you’ll be sorry.

bruneep

Just so you know online bank transfer between major banks are now instant/same day

This new service will mean that over 95% of phone or internet payments sent using the Faster Payments Service will be available for withdrawal from the beneficiary or recipient account on the same day as they are sent.

and under 5% aren’t

RBS can drag the payment out to 3 days when they try hard. 🙁

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i did say major bank, 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

I’ve just had a delivery took 12 days I had a tracking number to prove it was posted first class recorded when I was told it was. And we have had no snow at all in Leeds

oldgit
    Free Member

[Just so you know online bank transfer between major banks are now instant/same day]

Not always the case. Some of my customers pay through internet banking, and although it shows as leaving their account it can take days to reach mine (Lloyds TSB) also as has happened to people paying me, an internet payment can be over ridden by say their DD or SO arangements rather like a cheque bouncing. BACS or CHAPS? are different, but a normal internet transfer isn’t the same.

franciscobegbie
    Free Member

Severe flooding from the snow melt might have shorted his electricity out.

Bears. It’ll be bears.
    Or Pirates.

Is the guy in question just a private seller? Or is he running a business?

bruneep
    wwaswas

Is the guy in question just a private seller? Or is he running a business?

On the cusp between the two, I’d say.

carbon337
    Free Member

Not everyone uses email as frequently as you would expect. Some of my mates only check them 3-4 days apart. Normally ones who dont use smart phones etc.

This thread is bloody stupid.

vinnyeh

he said he posted it last week (friday i think)

im sure he will get whats coming to him

technically its Theft/fraud.

if there was no evidence of him being rubbish a posting stuff or other stw members saying he is a good lad he will see you right. and when you bang his email addy into google it throws up all sorts of stuff about him being a scammer. i would ot have started this post.

I DONT EXPECT THE STUFF TO ARRIVE NOW I JUST WANTED A EMAIL
    😆

B@rney
    Free Member

carbon 337 +1

loddrik
    Free Member

As previously mentioned. An absolute joke to post this after a week just before christmas with the weather as it is. Get a grip!!

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

But he is a bad seller, He’s the one that’s been selling a Large 20″ Litespeed Obed on here and ebay advertised as an 18″.
    He mucked me around on the sizing for an age and price not to mention.
    Trusted my money to be with me to be brutally honest.

Yes he was that trader from a while back on here buying and selling.
    Can’t remember the details of this Peter Gratwick but he was a shafter.
    Now we’ve worked him out again for what he truly is, he’ll no doubt change his forum name, reappear and be shafting again.
    Bugs me that, I mean what’s he got to hide?

cr500dom
    Free Member

I`ve Had some stuff off him recently, I had decent communication with him and the stuff turned up ok.

I would suggest that maybe he has a Life outside of the Virtual world….
    I know I do, and I struggle sometimes to get to a post office until the weekend.
    Round here there are none open after 5pm, which is difficult when you work out in the middle of nowhere.
    In my recent experience, Peter was ok, stuff was sent out, communication was fine, parts arrived fine

oldgit
    Free Member

cr500dom
    I have that problem, get a call out end up in a field working 24 hours, then it all goes pear shaped time wise. So I always tell people to pay me after receipt.

Dan1502
    Free Member

It’s hardly difficult to keep people informed. Most people I have dealt with have emailed to let me know when the payment is received, emailed me to let me know when they expect to be posting items and emailed me to let me know when they have posted things. This is the ideal I would say and what I do myself when selling.

I think this kind of communication is especially important when buying off classifieds like this as there is little or no comeback and much higher risk than ebay etc.

I always ask for contact details just in case and if it was an expensive item I would make a call to check the number’s valid first. There are times I haven’t but they have been for very cheap items.

My view is if you’re going to sell on here you should be prepared to communicate, check emails regularly etc but there is currently no mention of this in the rules.

I hope it works out ok.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Hi all bit of an update!

I don’t have a head set and I don’t have my money back either!!

he is not returning emails and is really starting to hack me off!!!

its been lost in the post and doesn’t have the tracking number.

great £50 lighter. If it was lost in the post i would have assumed i would of had an email from him apologising. But no nothing!!

where to go from here?? any help please?

HTTP404
    Free Member

afaik – if lost in post – it remains the responsibility of the seller.
    ie. they still owe you the goods or a refund.
    I would have thought the seller would at least have a proof of posting and could make a claim of some sorts with the RM.
    Bearing in mind the value of the goods – the seller should also have had adequate insurance covering the goods….

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

That is exactly what I thought!!

but now he has my money he is now Mr illusive!! no emails i have even sent him my phone number.

cynic-al
    Free Member

You have his postal address?

Write giving 7 days for delivery or refund and then it’s opff to small claims. Then go to small claims.

No address?…not sure what to suggest.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why have people been so keen to defend this well-known dodgy geezer?

It’s a bit nasty to have a go at the OP when he was understandably panicking after learning he’d sent money to a wideboy.

Hope you get a result mate, perhaps somebody can help you out with his address to folow Al’s suggestion?

toys19
    Free Member

You have his postal address?

Write giving 7 days for delivery or refund and then it’s opff to small claims. Then go to small claims.

No address?…not sure what to suggest.

Cynic-al +1

MrsToast
    Free Member

Can’t remember the details of this Peter Gratwick but he was a shafter.
    Now we’ve worked him out again for what he truly is, he’ll no doubt change his forum name, reappear and be shafting again

Ha ha, I remember him, a year or two ago Mr Toast lost out on an ebay auction on an Orange 5 to him. After winning the auction, Gratwick immediately put it up for sale again on eBay at a higher price, using the original seller’s photo, lying about why he was selling it (claiming he’d had it from new and was replacing it with a new bike) and shaving a year off the model. All before the original seller had even posted it out. Top fella.

Toasty

Sort of, basically there was a decent spec Orange 5 on ebay. I stuck a £1k bid down and went for a ride, when I got back I saw I’d lost by £1 which was unfortunate but fair enough.

The second Gratwick had won he’d gone around Bikeradar and PinkBike to try and sell it on again. The original bike was as a 2005 Orange 5 (adjusted for 130mm forks), in his posts he was claiming it was 2006, with 1 careful owner. I linked the ebay article in his post and he claimed he’d forgotten the details of the ebay sale he’d just won that day.

I mailed the original owner out of curiosity, and apparently Gratwick hadn’t even seen the bike in the flesh. He was picking it up the next week, the story about selling to fund a new bike, 1 careful owner etc, was absolute rubbish. He was banned from BikeRadar as a result of this, most bizarrely he then contacted me directly and asked if I wanted to buy it at a much inflated cost.

Dodgy wheeler dealer type, there’s a chance the item isn’t as advertised. You might get a bargain but bare in mind it’s very random what the quality will be like, assuming he bothers to send it at all, he’ll also have bought it for cheaper somewhere.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

unfortunately I dont have a postal address for him.

but i do have a bank account number and sort code. i think i may have found him on facebook and he has been active over the last few days, so i cant see why he isnt returning my emails. maybe ill msg him over on facebook.

wwaswas

I’ve got an address for Peter Gratwick – my email’s in profile if you want it.

It’s from MArch last year, in Sheffield.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

wwaswas: YGM. Many thanks

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Quick update.

he has now replied to my emails and has offered a refund direct in to my bank!!

fingers crossed all goes well

wwaswas

ygm back. Hope you get it sorted without further delay.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Fancy that! You obtain his address off here and suddenly he’s back on the air.

Good job I’m not the cynical type, I’d find that extremely dodgy.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘oh dear, i think have made a mistake.’ is closed to new replies.