Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off to Afan tomorrow :-)
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I am heading up to Afan tomorrow to cycle the Skyline trail and wanted to ask whether it is worth downloading the gps route to my garmin before hand or is the trail really well marked?

I am also staying up there tomorrow night and was wondering whether to cycle W2 on Friday or head off to another centre?

Thanks

pmc00per
    Free Member

Its really well marked out. Cwm carn isn’t far away and is well worth a visit.

inbred853

Brechfa – just a bit further West, Raven Trail 😀

flanagaj
    Free Member

I have done Cwm Carn, so can’t decide decide whether to go back there or cycle w2. Brechfa also looks good, but I suspect that is an hour or more away from Afan.

Maybe I could do w2 in the morning and then do Cwm Carn in the afternoon :-O Sounds good in theory, but maybe a bit much in practice

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Done whites and W2 twice this year! In really wet conditions with little daylight (ie 2nd Jan and early Feb!)

Two really good days out to pop my trail centre cherry 😳

float
    Free Member

go a bit further and do a few laps of cwm rhaeader. its seriously good.

rondo101
    Free Member

Brechfa will be great in the current conditions; the Raven tends to suffer in places if it’s wet, but it can make things more interesting if that’s your bag. It takes an hour from Afan.

Not sure if the fallen trees have been cleared from Cwm Rhaeadr, but if not, the whole section with the rocky drops is unridable & I’d avoid. Definitely worth a visit if it is clear (did 5 laps last time I was there), but will take about 1hr 15 to get there.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Cwm Rhaeadr is clear and fully open. Just over an hour from Afan, as is Brechfa.

flanagaj
    Free Member

Well having ridden both skyline and w2 at Afan, I can safely say that W2 is more fun. Saying that after riding W2 I could not resist a quick trek over to Cwm Carn to ride the Twrch trail, seeing as though it was on the way home.

Was slightly disappointed with some of the markers not being where they should be on the skyline trail. I got lost twice!

Out of the three trails, I am going to say Cwm Carn is the one I prefer, it flows so well, and it is pretty much single track for the whole 11 miles.

Awesome 2 days!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off to Afan tomorrow :-)’ is closed to new replies.