Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off road seat packs – what's good these days?
  • RustySpanner

Seam has gone on another Topeak and I’m sick of the crap QR system.

Have tried Altura (years ago), Bontrager (can’t get spares), Specialized (good, but not very stable) and about a dozen of the free magazine/Lidl ones over the years.

Carradice Carradura seems the best bet, this one, perhaps the slightly bigger model.

Everything else I’ve had by them has been great, local too.

Replacing a large Topeak Aero wedge pack, approx 2 litres.
    2 tubes, multitool, Co2 inflator, lights etc.

I liked the size and the design, I just want something tougher, with straps instead of a QR.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

fasthaggis

I like the pedros ones ,and if you build up the top with extra rubber (old tubes ) they last for ages .

alaric

Something from BeerBabe?

RustySpanner

I do like both of those, they look tough and repairable.

Prefer a vertical rather than horizontal zip though tbh, – I find I’m more inclined to loose or forget bits with the lengthways ones.

duckers
    Free Member

Ratrace store had some cracking deals on scott packs, might have all gone by now though.

MSP

You can get a topeak aero wedge with straps.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Wedge%20Packs%20Strap

somafunk

The zips are usually the first thing to go on saddlebags due to grit and mud (had a few destroyed in the past year) so i think i’m going to try the Ortlieb roll top saddlebag, i’m going to try the small size as it will also do for my Tripster.

singletracksurfer

Ortlieb non-roll type one. The one with the rubber…er jonny type thing to keep it waterproof. It ensures the zips don’t get fecked too.

tillydog
    Free Member

Just got a Topeak wedge dry bag ( Link ) No zips & is supposed to be waterproof.

Getting the securing straps buckled up was a bit fiddly, but it seems well made and is waterproof and secure so far.

The small size tucks away completely under my saddle and is big enough to take my emergency spares & tools.

Impressed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off road seat packs – what's good these days?’ is closed to new replies.