Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • obscure request my last hope
  • sturmey
    Free Member

Im trying to find a manufacturer in the uk preferably in Yorkshire that can machine a piece of mdf with a couple of apertures in it rounded enges and corners then what I think is called thermofoiling it with pvc to make it look like a glossy worktop. Like the modern kitchen cupboard doors relly but with holes in. I have searched in vain to find somewhere but they all seem to be in either the far east or america.

br
    Free Member

The machining/routering should be easy – although how many pieces do you need?

sturmey
    Free Member

br Thats what I thought just wish I could find a company that does the foiling/vacuum wrapping thing really. Think I might try to contact some kitchen cabinet manufacturers to maybe point me in the right direction.

TooTall
    Free Member

It sounds like what some of the caravan / mobile home / van conversion companies do. I know when I looked at panels etc years ago there were companies who could laser cut any number and size of cut outs for you in timber.

mos

Have you tried creative cnc in leeds? They are part of lawcris panel products, who do a lot of veneering etc.

meehaja
    Free Member

Ask the college?

sturmey
    Free Member

Mos cheers they might be just the people oddly I think lawcris is part of the cardinal shopfitting company just down the road from us.

sturmey
    Free Member

meehaja ?

maccruiskeen

I think a company called Ney in Coventry supplies that kind of foil and machinery. Give them a call and see if they can tell you which companies they supply.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘obscure request my last hope’ is closed to new replies.