• This topic has 30 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by core.
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Oakley Frogskins – whats the best colour?
  • Kryton57

Black frames of course with…?

🙂

djglover
    Free Member

Crystal black frame with Chrome Iridium

tinybits
    Free Member

Crystal with purple. Just like I had in 1998!

Kryton57

I’m looking at the valentino rossi Black frames with Fire Iridium lenses, £68 on amazon prime.

Got too be cool, no?

mattbee

My first ever Oakleys back in 1995 were crystal black frames with violet iridium lenses so that’s my vote!

Houns

Black rain with Positive Red. If anyone has a pair I’m willing to buy

godzilla
    Free Member

Crystal black.

Houns

Though for rarity and price they fetch I’d also like ….

Stevet1
    Free Member

Crystal with purple. Just like I had in 1998!

Still got mine, frames are a kind of light purple crystal with purple lenses.I love ’em. Wife hates ’em, thinks I look like a knobber. Which I probably do, but I DGAF these days, they just brign back good memories of the Malvern classic.

razorrazoo

Picked up a pair of these at an Oakley outlet in Orlando for $29, they’re great for off the bike casual.

I’d love to find my Bronze Mirror and Rootbeer frame originals that are lost somewhere in a loft box at one or other of my parents houses.

Kryton57

My wife laughed at Black Fire Iridium, so now I’m think Black Violet Iridium forms slightly more subtle tone.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I’m surprised this is even being discussed as a thing at all. There is no other colour to get Frogskins in..

xcstu
    Free Member

Only one for me… Mind my reading glasses are frogskins too haha

frogskin crystal black iridium red

bikebouy
    Free Member

leegee

I agree with no_eyed_deer

bensales
    Free Member

I want them to do these again and let me re-live 1995…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Black with Grey lens.

METAL HINGES!

I left my pair on a brunette in France. She was from Leamington Spa. Called Clare. For all her attributes, I still regret that.

Kryton57

Mrs K has ruined everything. Not only had she reminded me school fees are due, she’s rummaged in the shed an pulled out a pair of radar-a-like Smith Optics with Crystal frames and green polarised lenses and said “there you go, wear those in the pits on top of your head and save yourself £90”

Gotta love Wives eh… :-/

Merak

Mine are the best colour original 80’s example. :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Metal hinges? Check.

Approved.

Merak

However you cannot go wrong with black frames and violet iridium lenses 8)

bueller
    Free Member

I have some in the colour no eyed deer posted. Always wanted some. Bought them in Las Vegas a few years ago. I dropped them last week and scratched the lenses. Still gutted now!

Merak
    Kryton57

Merak – Member
    However you cannot go wrong with black frames and violet iridium lenses

Well, £55 on Bluenty make those hard to resist.

Merak

Emerald I meant emerald not violet. 😈

bueller
    Free Member

Thanks Merak.

biglee1

I loved my New Frogskins circa ’96 until the fat arse of my then gf sat on them too many times and snapped the frames 😥 would love another pair, rootbeer lenses 😀

Merak

I have a box fresh set of black 90’s originals metal hinge for sale with the receipt. #provenance

drlex
    Free Member

Anyone tried the replacement “Revant” lenses on Amazon? Otherwise, it’s fuse from Merak’s suggestion.
    Found a pair from the early Nineties, but the orange lenses are scratched to bugg@ry.

ell_tell
    Free Member

Still got my pair from the early 90’s. Very different shape to the new ones. Rootbeer with gold iridium lenses if I recall

core

Black frame, fire iridium.

I have a cheap copy pair from holiday that are scratched all to shit now, could do with a new pair………..

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Frogskins – whats the best colour?’ is closed to new replies.