Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Numpty strava question
  • scruff9252

Is there a way on Strava to filter which rides are broadcast on my news feed?

Since getting a bike with full mudguards, dynamo lights, flat peddles & panniers I’m trying to use the car less and cycle more. my garmin lives on this bike too & I’m recording each ride to keep a total of my yearly mileage.

Trouble is I don’t really want these wee rides showing up on my news feed. I’m sure my friends on strava don’t want to see that I’ve popped to tesco on the bike…

Is there a way of making these rides not be broadcast but still contribute to yearly stats?

simondbarnes

You can mark them private so that only you can see them.

Junkyard
    Free Member

website
    My activities

Click on edit for the riode
    Click private box next to ride

I think the app may allow you to do this as well

scotroutes

You’re assuming your friends are interested in your other rides though 😉

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’m sure the people who follow you won’t be too bothered, if they are they can unfollow you.

scruff9252

Thanks all, I’m presuming the wee padlock on the app will turn them private.

ant77
    Free Member

You can set it so that uploaded rides are private by default, then if you want to show a ride you can manually make it viewable.

Can’t seem to find where it is though, but I have it turned on so it’s definately a thing!

joat

Err, don’t switch your Garmin on? If you think others won’t be interested, then are you?

scotroutes

still contribute to yearly stats

Get it yet?

joat

@scotroutes, yeah, somehow managed not to notice that, was about to edit but got distracted (I’d run out of beer), but how far is Tesco’s anyhow? I have a short commute of about 6 miles a day that I don’t bother recording, but I suppose it all adds up over a year.

CraigW
    Free Member

But if you set your rides as private, they won’t count towards the monthly challenges etc, if you care about that.

You can tag rides as “Commute”, but it seems this doesn’t actually do much. You can filter out commutes from your training log, but no way to hide them from the activity feed.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Nothing worse than it sucking those secret turbo sessions off your Garmin and dumping on your activities before you even realize!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As somebody with a lot of people in my strava feed I don’t really care, I’ll take a look at what people are up to etc. but not bothered if it’s commute etc. I do my short ones as it’s normally on the way to a ride or that the climb home makes the climbing challenges go down faster

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Numpty strava question’ is closed to new replies.