Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Now officially a Singlespeeder!
  • Duffer
    Free Member

I’ve been riding Singlespeed for a while now, but only ever at Sherwood Pines; I am experienced enough to know that Sherwood doesn’t really count as Mountain Biking. However, i took my SS On-One to Cannock Chase today. I was expecting to really struggle, but in reality i was fine. I rode everything except for the long climb after the second tome over the railway level crossing (everyone rides it in the granny ring anyway, so they’re only going walking pace).

Pretty chuffed with myself! I now feel comfortable proclaiming myself to be a Singlespeeder!

Happy trails!

mattbee

I reckon Cannock and Swinley are both perfect trailcentres for singlespeeding at. I have had more fun at both on my SS than on my 5 Spot.

kayak23

I rode everything except for the long climb after the second tome over the railway level crossing (everyone rides it in the granny ring anyway, so they’re only going walking pace).

Not all of us have granny rings… 8)

Well done though. Have to try it myself some time. Did you get up the climb to lower cliff ok then? It’s fairly steep in places.

cardo

Nice one , you’ll get fitter , faster, more stickers and the urge to grow facial hair…
    +1 for Swinley on SS

Duffer
    Free Member

Did you get up the climb to lower cliff ok then?

Is that the one immediately the other side of the level crossing? I did struggle on that bit, and i lost traction about 6 feet before the first switchback – but otherwise i made the rest of it!

As for facial hair – i’d love some, but the boss says no!

neilc1881
    Free Member

Just did my first proper ss ride in about 8 years (and that was a dj bike around the long loop at Nant yr Arian) as the drivetrain packed up on my Haro Mary and I replaced it with a tensioner and superstar kit. Talybont is perhaps a little rocky for the fully rigid though, but it is a fair challenge. The climb from the Taff trail up to meet the top of the Brinore tram road was tech and steep enough for me! Quite fancy a fat front end on it now to help a bit…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Throw your jeans out now, save embarrassing “they used to fit” conversations.
    Buy chinos.
    Grow beard.

CheesybeanZ

You’ll need to carry a shitty stick fight off the ladies 😀

Rosss
    Free Member

I was also riding up the chase today. Fortunately for me I had 20 gears and 140mm of travel.

crush83
    Free Member

Well done Duffer, I ment to text you about the ride earlier. All I have to say is 650B :mrgreen:

Duffer
    Free Member

I spent the day overtaking fashion victims on 650Bs… :mrgreen:

Mugboo

When yer can do Lee & Crag in it we’ll be impressed..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Now officially a Singlespeeder!’ is closed to new replies.