Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Nothing like a reasoned scientific argument based on years of empirical research
  • zokes
    Free Member

Iranian cleric 'blames quakes on promiscuous women'

But of course that's why! All those damnable loose women in Haiti and China. I suppose the Costa del Sol must be due an almighty rumble soon then…

Lootenant
    Free Member

Thought I was looking at the Daily Mash for a minute there

zokes
    Free Member

Scary scary stuff.

Someone with that little brain is surely defying nature by being able to perform all bodily functions…

wwaswas

what's as worrying is that he wasn't laughed out of the mosque by the worshippers…

hora
    Free Member

I have a chinese woman in my house. Oh the trouble that she causes.

wwaswas

anyone who shares a house with hora is probably destined for sainthood.

hora
    Free Member

Either that or certifying 😉

luked2
    Free Member

So rather than building safer houses, they're going to make everyone feel guilty?

Nick

So rather than building safer houses, they're going to make everyone feel guilty?

have you actually read the article?

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said many of Tehran's 12 million inhabitants should relocate.

There are plans to build a purpose built new capital near Qom.

duckman

He needs to worry about how much his own country will rattle once America lets the Israel Air (arf) defence off it's leash.

rkk01
    Free Member

Point for debate…?

Let's imagine we're in the mind of one of these clerics….
    could they actually believe this – as in, I have spent a lifetime in study of the holy scriptures, and the unavoidable conclusion that I draw – is that earthquakes are caused by promiscuity????
    Or are they more like our politicians…
    OK – No 10 PR boy, what shit shall we brief the media / proles with today to keep them in check

zokes
    Free Member

Worryingly, I suspect the former. Just look how mad this country's leaders were with regard to this sort of thing a few hundred years ago when religion had more influence…

duckman

Actually Iran was a far more secular contry as recently as 30 years ago(albeit a dictatorship).A lot of the radical stuff is being pushed to show how decadent we in the West are.

hora
    Free Member

Nothing like a reasoned scientific argument based on years of empirical research

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the great climate change scam.

nickc

Either that, or they sits around smoking hookah pipes all day, pissing themselves silly over stories they're going to plant in the press.

"I've got a great one, we'll tell them we think Earthquakes are caused by loose women…"

How the days fly by…

duckman

hora – Member

Nothing like a reasoned scientific argument based on years of empirical research

I honestly thought this thread was going to be about the great climate change scam.

Don't be silly,it is less than one page long,there are no graphs,and most people can still understand it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The one where idiots with no scientific training or understanding disagree with world leading scientists about facts and science they dont really understand? I know cant believe they get so much credence I blame too much watching of the X files and the need to see conspiracies everywhere.
    EDIT: For Duckman

zokes
    Free Member

Well, if you believe that it's a scam, you're probably of a similar IQ level to the fools who dreamt up this article…

hora
    Free Member

Zokes. We need to give more to the Polar Bear charity
    http://www.wwf.org.uk/adoption/helpapolarbear/open.cfm?pc=

When the ice goes, who will eat our puppies?

mogrim
    BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So did the earth move for you?
    Less sghagging, less earth moving = fewer earthquakes and less volcanoes.
    Yup, I see his point completely. Furthermore, being swayed to the point where I'm now converted to islam, that "Act of God" p1sh doesn't wash with me either.

samuri
    Free Member

Maybe God is saying Islam is bad. I mean, we don't get many earthquakes and most people here are christian.

Why would god send lots of earthquakes to his chosen people?

hora
    Free Member

Confused why Iran hasn't coped a mouthful of lead sooner.

markenduro
    Free Member

Do people really believe that? And they wonder why most sane people think they are all nutters…

trailmonkey

I like this story. It confirms the uniformity of humanity. You're just as likely to get a David Icke in Iran as you are in England.

luked2
    Free Member

I mean, we don't get many earthquakes

The UK is one of the most earthquake prone countries in the world, as you would expect given our moral decay.

The British Geological Society web page shows 5 earthquakes in or near our country in the last thirty days!

Clicky

It's just that they're all tiny tiny earthquakes that no-one notices. Go figure.

duckman

Junkyard,does that graph mean that Pirates are what; Unable to sail the seven seas as they have risen too much? Unable to build boats as the acid rain has killed the trees? Or there are fewer icebergs to hide behind?

BigDummy
    Free Member

I find it hard to imagine that the promiscuity of women is really linked to earthquakes, but I hesitate to rule it out entirely. Something about the idea is intuitively right.

snowslave

In my new messiah role, let me save the world. Send me all loose women immediately.

noteeth
    Free Member

He's actually an arch-feminist.

He's basically saying: "if the earth moves, it's all down to her technique."

duckman

Earthquakes are caused by the methane produced by all the cows being reared to make shoes,handbags,and white leather sofas for All Bar One's.I think that is a widely accepted fact,but would be willing to be proven wrong.

hora
    Free Member

snowslave, the deal is still I get to process them whilst you are the figurehead of the operation yeah?

snowslave

Hora, I forgive you for your sinful thoughts

hora
    Free Member

Every greatman needs a…..Enforcer 8)

samuri
    Free Member

The British Geological Society web page shows 5 earthquakes in or near our country in the last thirty days!

That's interesting, ta. The source I looked at showed only 5 in the Uk in 2010 but about 200 in Iran. I'll take the British Geological society view though.

Talkemada
    Free Member

hora – Member
    Confused

Not really a new thing with you, is it Hora?

konabunny
    Free Member

Confused why Iran hasn't coped a mouthful of lead sooner.

US/UK/France spent most of the 80s trying to do that exact thing through its proxy, Iraq.

konabunny
    Free Member

I imagine there's a fair amount of "why do we even bloody bother?"-ing going on at the Iranian seismological service at the moment: http://irsc.ut.ac.ir/

Underhill
    Free Member

The UK is one of the most earthquake prone countries in the world, as you would expect given our moral decay.

It's just that they're all tiny tiny earthquakes that no-one notices. Go figure.

Maybe it's because we're all really crap shags.

montylikesbeer

And to think that classical islam was once a cradle and supporter of advanced geometry, science, philosophy, poetry and engineering, it makes you weep

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Nothing like a reasoned scientific argument based on years of empirical research’ is closed to new replies.