Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Not very happy…
  • tony24
    Free Member

Just been for usual Saturday ride, Coming down the last part of a woods which leads to a bridle way last corner and a motor crosser comes speeding round the corner…

We both saw each other but it was to late and collided i shot over the handle bars and onto the floor. his bike had not a single mark. Mine on the other hand has a Avid G3 rotor bent in half and a Hope SP Wheel with DT swiss EX500 rim which is beyond repair. so i am £150 down and the crosser gets away with not a mark.

Just lucky my carbon frame is ok or there could have been fireworks 😈

Bit unhappy atm.

timmys

Christ I didn’t know cyclocross bikes were that tough, sounds like you were very unlucky.

sc-xc

there could have been fireworks

With who? the other rider?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Ah but did you give way to the climber 😕

Did you not exchange details or anything like?

tony24
    Free Member

Crosser meaning a Motor cross bike

sc-xc

Aahhhh

Jamie
    Free Member

Should have hit him with your duelling glove….

timmys

tony24 – Member
    Crosser meaning a Motor cross bike

To be honest I thought that’s what you probably meant. Just trying to be amusing 🙄

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

If crosser was riding on a bridleway, I’d have twated him. Shouldn’t be riding a bridleway.

luked2
    Free Member

Report to police? If it’s on a bridleway it’s still a public road. So surely the usual rules about stopping at an accident apply. IANAL.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I’d be pretty pissed too but surely you heard it coming!? They are not quiet!

Jamie
    Free Member

They are not quiet!

That is true. I doubt anyone has been surprised by a crosser.

project
    Free Member

Repert it to the Police as above, and make a claim against an uninsured failed to stop rider/driver.With the motor insurers bureau

nickjb
    Free Member

Coming down the last part of a woods which leads to a bridle way

Sounds like the OP wasn’t on the bridleway so both parties were cheeky trailing. Apologies if I’ve misunderstood.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

A bridleway is not a public road which is why motorbikes are not allowed on them.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hmm i was on a rough track once last year (and motor cross bikes have been previously banned from this dirt tack, anyway there i was climbing up this dirt track when from out the blue this crosser bike zoomed past me and revved up his throttle and i was pounded with lots of small stones from his back tyre (ouch that did hurt)….. rudded nuisances these crossers…. 😉 they should keep to their own land that they are allowed to ride on and stay away from bridleways and land that is banned to them…. they never learn do they.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    A bridleway is not a public road which is why motorbikes are not allowed on them.

This is true, but if the RoW did have vehicular RoW (RUPP, BOAT etc) then all road laws apply. Crossers often try to avoid things liek insurance, number plates etc, and if they are riding “off piste” then they can be subject to a Secction 59 order – needs people to report them. Two S59’s and a vehicle can be siezed & scrapped. It is aimed a lot at preventing urban misuse of green spaces but has been applied to illegal greenlaning as well. The S59 is applied to the vehicle not the owner.

tony24
    Free Member

I heard the crosser but that time it was too late there not slow. I was coming down a hill so i was going quickly too. the woods is owned by council the bit of path i am talking about is a byway to the woods so apparently they are allowed to ride that.

The byway leads to a gate which is then woods its the only thing it leads to and he is not allowed to ride in the woods. So why the need to ride up it?

he should have been going slower though imagine is was a young kid on a push bike. 🙁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Not very happy…’ is closed to new replies.