Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Not exactly news, but my session with Jedi was fantastic
  • timnwild

Did my one-one-one with Tony at UK Bike Skills last Friday and it was great.

Worked on my setup, cornering technique, braking, footwork, drops, jumps, pumping… Just taking the time to think stuff over and try things out was great, but working on the basics made a massive difference to other stuff too – by the end of the day I was clearing 9ft tabletops, doing drop gaps on the North Shore and generally having the time of my life, mostly on trail sections I’d either roll over or around if I came upon them on the trails.

Tried some of my new skills out on my regular Sunday ride and nailed a big drop I’ve always made a mess of in the past, fell off, thought about what I’d been taught again and nailed it.

The merits (or otherwise) of training have been debated many times here before, but I’d say that you’d have to be a pretty amazing rider not to get something out of it. A great day, a great bloke, worth every penny.

Cheers

jedi

thanks for your kind words tim. we covered so much in 4hrs eh 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Not exactly news, but my session with Jedi was fantastic

Down on his luck?…a rent boy these days?

jedi

Me a rent boy

ashfanman
    Free Member

Me a rent boy

Is that a question or a statement? 😀

jedi

if its a friday night………………………. 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Not surprised at all timnwild. Ive been for a couple of sessions with Jedi and a month or two in am still seeing rapid progression. It’s addictive and incredibly satisfying, stuff that used to give me the fear is just pure fun now- love it!!

jedi

how’s the jumping going now slowrider? 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Pretty good (by my standards!), just this weekend I got to grips with the local ‘big jumps’; 6foot double->8foot hip->12foot step-down hip-> 17foot double-> 14foot step-up. It felt wicked! As you know from watching me cock it up repeatedly, it’s all about the looking up and standing tall for me, once I get that in my head I’m sorted. Looks like it’s time to do some spade work, there’s nothing bigger to move to round here… Do you do jump building courses?

karen805
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to my session in early December 😀

jedi

Slowrider, I’ll show you at herts one sunday

slowrider
    Free Member

I was hoping you’d say that! I’ll bring the beers…

soobalias
    Free Member

certainly not news

im hoping for a jedi session when my wrist is back to 100%
    not sure if it will be mini-group or 1-2-1

jedi

hows the wrist soobalias? been 2 years since i saw you last 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

its fixed/fixing ive got pretty good mobility again now and reasonable grip strength, physio is finished with me but ive been warned it may be a year or more till its as good as it will get, slowly getting back into riding – yeah two years in march iirc, hoping to see you before that… thinking christmas pressie!

jedi

sooablias, would be cool 🙂
    timwild, let me know how the ridng goes as i explained 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

come up to the Peak and do a few sessions jedi 😉

jedi

finding an area with everything i have at herts from the ground up in such a small area is immpossible. we’d spend 30mins riding between sections opp there 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

Cruzheckler, it’s definitely worth the trip!

jedi

cheers man 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

im going to sign up in the new year, if Jedi can teach me air then he can teach anyone!
    cant wait to pick up some skills.

jedi

Slimjim78, then I’ll see you soon then 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Not exactly news, but my session with Jedi was fantastic’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM