Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Noseing up a saddle to get you futher back on the bike?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Does it work, or is it a pain in the arse balls?

Your experiences please 🙂

booktownman
    Free Member

Only ever done it in error. The second one.

kiwijohn

Yes. No

passtherizla
    Free Member

Surely this all depends on the size and shape of your undercarriage??? I ride with people who for xc have the nose of their saddle pointing down because it keeps their back straight when climbing. To get me into the right position I have to have slightly nose up.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Same ere ,slightly nose up for me,as nose down or even level makes ya feel
    Like you’re goin downhill all the time !.

m360
    Free Member

Nose down slightly for me, otherwise I get pains down below. A level saddle is agony for me.

tonyd

Depends how flexible you are I’d say, but if you’re nosing it up just to get you further back on the bike you might want to consider other options, a shorter stem for example.

Forcing yourself backwards in that way would surely put more pressure on your nether regions which is unlikely to end comfortably.

Why do you feel you need to go further back? How is your knee/cleat position?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Why do you feel you need to go further back? How is your knee/cleat position?

Because I feel like I’m slipping forward a bit, flat pedals BTW & I would usually run a layback post but I’m running a dropper with the saddle as far back as it will go ATM.

Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Noseing up a saddle to get you futher back on the bike?’ is closed to new replies.