Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • None bike stuff to do in York?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Me and mrsJ are off to york on tuesday for 2 nights. where is good to eat, what is best to see and do? none bikey please

atlaz
    Free Member

Jorvik? Shopping? Railway Museum? Chocolate factory?

onandon
    Free Member

Homepage

outstanding food but not cheap.
    you will need to book in quite far in advance

if you go ,please be careful where you pee in the gents as your are never quite sure its an ornamental fountain or urinal 🙂

foggy
    Free Member

Old York, not New York!

bigeyedbeans
    Free Member

walk the city walls

Esme
    Free Member

Historic Toilet Tour
    YorkWalk

onandon
    Free Member

LOL ,sorry i missed it was for York, not new york

mrsflash
    Free Member

Castle Museum is fantastic. Walk the walls. Railway museum. Jorvik (although personally don’t think it’s all that great). Bettys for afternoon tea. Museum gardens for an icecream if the weather’s nice.

There’s a nice veggie restaurant I know that I’ll try and remember the name of.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

MrsFlash has hit all the really good ones, Jorvik is a lot of money for what you get but if you don’t get to York very often worth a one off punt.
    A walk along the river in the early morning is nice too

foggy
    Free Member

Meltons is probably the best restaurant, or Middlethorp Hall, though both are away from the city centre and not exactly cheap. Meltons Too is also good and in town (plus more casual dining and a bit cheaper). We like Kapadokya 50 which is a reasonably priced Turkish barbeque restaurant, and Aagrah Indian Restaurant, though it’s in a strange location out of town on the ring road, but the food is ace and it’s worth the effort.

No-one has mentioned the Cathedral which is also worth a visit, but then you knew that!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oh and how could I forget the minster!!

mrsflash
    Free Member
    jim
    Free Member

There’s a nice veggie restaurant I know that I’ll try and remember the name of.

El Piano or Vanilla Black?

MrsFlash seems to have covered most of the bases, I’d add climbing the minster tower as it’s a nice view on a good day (though you have to pay).

What kind of eatery are you after?

mrsflash
    Free Member

El Piano, posted link above 🙂

jim
    Free Member

Ah yes, bit slow today :shrug:

stoofus
    Free Member

If it’s sunny get yourself to the kings arms next to the river. It’ll be busy but if you can get a seat it’ll be ace. If you’re a pub fan, get yourself to the Maltings near the Norwich Union building (and near the train station) but I’m guessing it might be called Aviva now. One of the best italian restaurant’s in the country is hidden away in the cellars on micklegate – Delrio’s. Get yourself down there its ace. Lived there for four years, although sadly no longer. Best four years ever. Give me an e-mail if you want anything more specific!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Pah, minster schminster! Tis nothing compared to this…

geoffj

Hadge
    Free Member

Went up there end of last year and really enjoyed it. Stayed in a cottage near the race course so just a short walk into the city and not have to worry about parking. Will go again later this year with the kids for sure.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘None bike stuff to do in York?’ is closed to new replies.