Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Non Beacon like Helmets?
  • Blower
    Free Member

Think its about time i bought a new helmet,mine looks like its seen better days,and had a good few knocks over the years.. 😀

is there any funkalicous helmets out there,which dont look massive?

warpcow
    Free Member

I've got a Giro Hex that fits me well. Everything else I tried on (various Specialized, Bell, etc) made me look like a mushroom. It does seem that Giro design for a narrower head though.

Blower
    Free Member

Yep mushroom is a good way of putting it!
    wonder how the Xen is nowadays? spose to be the least mushroom like i think.

njee20
    Free Member

Huh? They're massive, the Hex is little better. The whole point of both is that they offer a bit more protection, particularly on the back of the head.

S-Works 2D is much more minimalist, and extremely comfy IMO. Makes the Xen feel like a brick on your head!

Blower
    Free Member

Xen is massive you sure?

oldfart

Met Veleno .

midlifecrashes

I tried on a Fox Flux a while back, but didn't need one at the time, but I liked the fit and look of it. Decathlon have top end Bell (Delirium I think) helmets for £30ish at the minute too.

njee20
    Free Member

The Xen is a big chunky lid with relatively little ventilation designed to offer a bit more protection for gnarly freeriders, it's quite deep on the back and rather weighty.

If you want small, look at lids focused on the road market, although I still say the 2D is top of the pile, and it comes with a peak.

Edit: isn't the top Bell helmet the Sweep? If they're doing that for £30 that's a bargain, they're quite neat, but the fit's a bit off IMO, don't suit too many people.

Kamikirk
    Free Member

very bored so….

Xen – 310g

Bell Sweep 309g

Fox Flux 330g

2d – 200g – and looks like a wire supermarket basket 😛

njee20
    Free Member

I have 3 small 2Ds, and they're all under 190g without the peak IIRC.

The Xen's also not particularly vented, so it's hotter in warm weather than a more XC helmet.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

IMO it's because of the extra material on a Xen that they look less mushroom like. As they come further down, it gives a rounder shape making it look like the helmet is around, not on top of your head.

However friend tried one and it looked ridiculous on him so try before you buy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Non Beacon like Helmets?’ is closed to new replies.