Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Nokia n97 Firmware 20.0.019 – now available!
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

hopefully this will be the magic bullet I've been waiting for!!!

I've had to change the product code, not too hard even doing it on a macbook running VMware, by using this method: http://www.n97fanatics.com/complete-guide-to-unbranding-your-nokia-n97/

then plugging it in and using the nokia software updater, its just about to finish updating, I'll let you know how it goes…

MrNutt
    Free Member

argh! it lost connection with the device… …hmm

/wonders if he's managed to brick the bloody thing!

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah! its worked!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

hmmm, so far it looks like Nokia may have just polished a turd… …will update

(currently not connecting to my gmail properly)

Hairychested
    Free Member

Get more beers.

MrNutt
    Free Member

did a "hard reset", now its going to take about ten years to update my music lib.

but the positive this is that its looking like there's some definite improvements over the previous firmware.

and no beer 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Hurrah!

Now go buy an iPhone 😉

GrahamS

Was this the update that is definitely, definitely going to show that the N97 is an iPhone killer?

Or is that the next one? 😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

well after the 20gb of music I have installed is catalogued I'll sit down and give it a bit of a run through, any iPhone users know if you can lock the screen whilst they are in a call, I've utterly bored with people calling me from their iPhones and having to endure random silences followed by me going "you've muted yourself again".

MrNutt
    Free Member

my god, two hours later and its still doing the music lib refresh! 1810 files later and I've a horrid feeling that there's about 3k songs on there!!

scraprider
    Free Member

iphone aallll the way m8ty.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh, actually apart from having to change the email path back from C: to E: all in all its a lot quicker with none of the irritating issues from before. Its a shame nokia insist on getting the public to beta test their n series but to be honest once they sort them out they are great.

GrahamS

any iPhone users know if you can lock the screen whilst they are in a call,

It locks automatically when you hold the phone up to your face.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh no it doesn't, is that a setting somewhere?

GrahamS

Nope. Make call, hold up to face, screen goes off and is inactive, take away from face, screen comes on.

Never managed to Mute someone with my ear yet. That would be a bit of a design flaw.

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphone-3gs/locking-screen-phone-during-call-55933.html

MrNutt
    Free Member

ah the folk that I'm referring to with the hang-up-inter-face issue have the regular iPhone 3g not the S model, any suggestions?

GrahamS

Hmm.. dunno, I assumed it was the same.

If it doesn't work then can't they just press the lock button?

clubber
    Free Member

Almost certain that the 3G also has the proximity sensor (it's just next to the ear piece and you can see it if you hold the phone at an angle under bright light). Some cases stop the sensor working though…

GrahamS

Some cases stop the sensor working though…

Ooh that's a point: are they using crap cases that don't have a couple of little holes at the top next to the speaker hole?

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope no cases on their phones, do the sensors stop working? can you reset the things?

cp

I've got a standard 3G and that auto switches off the screen when held to your face.

the proxy sensors are not on the end, you need to look next to the earpiece speaker in very bright light and you'll see a couple of little sensors behind the glass.

cp

maybe they dont hold the phone close enough to their face for the phone to realise it's off?

GrahamS

Do they also have a light in their fridge that is always on? 😀

MrNutt
    Free Member

you know I was told that the on/off switch that is also present on the auto on/off fridge lights is so that practitioners of religions that dictate your not allowed to use electric devices during religious holidays/festivities can still get food from the fridge without turning a light on/off. But that makes no sense to me as you'd still be using a fridge! I wonder if thats true or not?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Nokia n97 Firmware 20.0.019 – now available!’ is closed to new replies.