Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nokia N95 – Broken 'on' button. What to do?
  • CliveA

Just like it says in the title.

I know the screen is OK. When I plug it in to charge, the Nokia logo lights up and I can see the little charging symbol.

But switching it on isn't happening. I think it's the power button. It's always felt funny, to be honest.

Anyone had this? Fixable?

The phone is nearly at the end of its contract, but I was planning on hanging on to it for a bit longer.

(I think it may be protesting after it heard me phone Orange to ask about iPhones…)

skidartist
    Free Member

I tend to get a lot dust in phones and fluff and dust can sometimes get behind the buttons. The n95 with all its little speaker holes and so on. I used to blow compressed air through mine from time to time

tracknicko
    Free Member

plug it into pc. use software to switch to 'phone' mode. thus it will be on. then never turn it off again.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Clive – if all else fails, I've got an n95 gathering dust in a drawer (replaced it with an iphone earlier this year) – my e-mails in my profile, drop me a line, you can have it (for nowt!) if it's any good to you. Cheers, Mitch.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – ygm regarding your N95 if the OP doesn't want it

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

No worries.

CliveA

Thanks for the helpful responses.

Tracknicko – I'll try that tonight. I'm on a Mac, and I do have phone software, but I have no idea where to find this feature. I'll have a rummage.

Failing that:

barnsleymitch – Thanks so much. I'm on Orange. What network is yours set up for?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Hi Clive, it's set up for o2. Michael, if Clive doesnt want it, it's yours, I dont want anything for it.

CliveA

barnsleymitch – Looks like that won't work for me, so thanks but no thanks. All yours Michael!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

cheers, just going to research unlocking phones and see if i can use it

i'll email you again in a bit

dooosuk
    Free Member

O2 don't lock their phones so the Orange SIM should work in it I believe.

cp

O2 don't lock their phones so the Orange SIM should work in it I believe.

yes they do! My 6300 is locked to o2.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

they don't lock contract phones according to various phone geekery forums

dooosuk
    Free Member

My N95 from O2 isn't locked to any network 😕

dooosuk
    Free Member

And for reference N95's are still worth around £80 to £90 on

http://www.envirofone.co.uk
    http://www.mazumamobile.com

Couple of Christmas presents/shiney bits with that.

CliveA

I'm currently noodling around on Nokia forums and the like, trying to find a way of swtiching on remotely, as suggested.

So much as I appreciate the offer, don't anyone wait for me in the big game of swap-the-phone.

Ta.

CliveA

Just spoke to an incredibly helpful guy at Orange customer services. He didn't have a clue how to switch my phone on, but he did point out, to my surprise, that Nokia guarantee phones for 2 years, so I could be in luck.

Calling them tomorrow.

Worth knowing if anyone has a misbehaving Nokia – guaranteed, I'm told, for 2 years.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

yes, i had my first N95 replaced after 14 months on guarantee when the screen went all funny.

i perhaps should have mentioned that 😳

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nokia N95 – Broken 'on' button. What to do?’ is closed to new replies.