Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Noise Complaint – Well that didn't go too well
  • mactheknife

CharlieMungus – Member
    So.. why even mention their race?

Why did you feel the need to jump on that comment?

ianven
    Free Member

We too have a noisy b*stard next door. If it’s not him with his music on full blast ’til 2 in the morning, it’s his dog barking none stop all day ’til he gets home – I think the dog barking is actually worse than the music. Him and his dog seem to like doing kareoke to The Everly Brother’s You’ve lost That Loving Feeling too which is a bit odd. He’s been told numerous times to turn the music down, yet the thick tw*t still persists. We have a baby on the way now though so I can see things turning rather unpleasant if he carries it on and wakes the baby up (or us if we are gagging for a kip)

I’d put my music on inc bass box full blast 1st thing in the morning to give him a taste of it but have neighbours on the other side of us.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I feel we all have a responsibility to confront racism when we see it

Junkyard
    Free Member

have other folk on this thread said what race the participants were? Did it matter for the story.
    Not sure it was racist but it was irrelevant hence it gets people’s attention as to the possible motives for mentioning it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I feel we all have a responsibility to confront racism when we see it

Difficult to say that’s racism really. Mentioning the race wasn’t important to the story, but we all infill stories with info not needed without necessarily biasing. Does come across as fishy I must admit, but you have to remember that if that family is the only pakistani family in the neighbourhood they may well be referred to locally as the pakistani family without intent, simply as an identifier if no name is known.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Difficult to say that’s racism really.

I agree, which is why I asked about it.

Mentioning the race wasn’t important to the story, but we all infill stories with info not needed without necessarily biasing.

Does come across as fishy I must admit, but you have to remember that if that family is the only pakistani family in the neighbourhood they may well be referred to locally as the pakistani family without intent, simply as an identifier if no name is known.

There may well be any number of characteristics which make them unique. To refer by race is a bit reductionist, and usually used by folks who think that by using the term, they are able to convey a range of other implicit characteristics which others will understand.

Drac

Cotton Eye Joe

Dear God that song, I helped teach a work colleague’s son to drive he’d play that on constant loop. Allowed about 30 minutes then I warned him to put something else or he’d regret it. He continued to play it until I threw it out the car window.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There may well be any number of characteristics which make them unique. To refer by race is a bit reductionist, and usually used by folks who think that by using the term, they are able to convey a range of other implicit characteristics which others will understand.

Disagree. But as someone who has never tried to convey other meanings I guess I may be blind to that to some extent. The simplest, over-riding obvious choice of distinguishing feature is the colour of someones skin, or the size of their family. Both were mentioned here. Both could be taken badly, but it doesn’t mean that’s how it was intended and I dislike the automatic assumption of guilt by many folk.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

The simplest, over-riding obvious choice of distinguishing feature is the colour of someones skin.

If that’s the thing which you think makes them the most different, then I’m sure it is. Of course, you do know that the colour of their skin wasn’t mentioned. Actually, nor was the size of the family!

richmtb

^^^^

Anyhow…

As the proud owner of a hi-fi which breaks several strategic arms limitation treaties, as other have said give them a taste of there own medicine

Junkyard
    Free Member

German opera is loved by anyone who hears it loud IME

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

German opera is loved by anyone who hears it loud IME

Fascist!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

There is a old white family to my left who is also pestering me for tools.

I don’t know why I mentioned their race Charliemungus, just describing them, they are really friendly and a bit noisey but they are social and no they don’t wear traditional dress.

But glad you mentioned it. I guess I should be saying there is a noisy family as there is only one race-the human race.

I stand corrected and glad it was on the forum and not in public. 🙂
    as I do not wish to imply anything but describe who they are and what they look like.

I shouldn’t say old either! Doh digging myself a hole.

Just speak to noisy neighbours nicely and you’ll get a nice reply usually.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Accepted! 😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Thing is I never knew I was saying race but I won’t do it again without thinking.

It is quite rubbish how we have race’s in the first place.

What is English? What is Indian? What is Chinese? Why do we have employment check lists?

I must admit I filled in an application form last year and ticked other (And not White/English) and wrote in “I’m human” under the race section…

I hope the world will just get on with each one day. Ok too much thought!

I’m not racist…I think women of other races are hot 😆 My ankle collar is beeping…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

What is English? What is Indian? What is Chinese?

**** me! Remind me to never let you order the take aways!!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

😆

Korma please…

“People from different parts of the world”

Scrub that.

Hot women from all over the world… 8)

dogbert
    Free Member

Point some speakers at the adjoining wall, play this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6_zsJ8KPP0[/video]

Loud as you can and on repeat from about 5am, go out for a bike ride, if that doesn’t work, try Pantera instead

samuri
    Free Member

Well, there’s been a development.

I got home from my day out (drifting cars at Oulton Park – short but fun), to find her stood on my doorstep. Very apologetic, of course she’ll turn the music down, sorry you caught me at a bad time, if it bothers you again, just let me know.

She’d also turned up in very tight vest and it was at this point I noticed how large her cans were.

So all is forgiven.

CountZero

She’d also turned up in very tight vest and it was at this point I noticed how large her cans were.
    So all is forgiven.

I was going to suggest that if the noise didn’t stop you go round and smash her back door in, but that might be unnecessary now… :mrgreen:

terrahawk
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

😆

Coyote
    Free Member

She’d also turned up in very tight vest and it was at this point I noticed how large her cans were

It’s quite cold this evening…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don’t know why I mentioned their race Charliemungus, just describing them, they are really friendly and a bit noisey but they are social and no they don’t wear traditional dress.

But glad you mentioned it. I guess I should be saying there is a noisy family as there is only one race-the human race.

I stand corrected and glad it was on the forum and not in public.

That’s fair enough that is. Someone’s bin challenged for a comment they made (which I’m sure they din’t in any way intend to be at all offensive or owt), and they’ve had a think about things and accepted they could adapt their outlook and future behaviour.

Takes a fair bit of courage I think, to admit one’s faults and accept there is room for change and development.

Good on yer mate.

Kevevs
    Free Member

You Korma mentioning bstards. Now I have to go buy a takeaway.. got 6.40 cash. hmm.. http://www.rozistandoorideganwy.co.uk/index_files/Page399.html

Olly
    Free Member

http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

put that on nice and loud, and go out for the weekend 😀
    hilarious.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Don’t Kev. I right fancy some Chinse food, but I’ve got a fiver cash forgot to go to the cash mashin earlier. 🙁

Might have steak and chips actually…

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Loop some nice bass heavy noise with samples from movie torture scenes, at uni I had a noisy neighbour who would spend nearly all of her time arguing with her boyfriend, arguing with her parents on the phone and then occasionally crying to her friends about how hard her course/life was and how mean her boyfriend/parents were. Got a little wearing trying to concentrate on work when she was screetching about how no-one loved or understood her through the thin walls. Did try reasoning with her but she seemed confused that someone didn’t appreciate her plight.

So I assembled a ‘mix tape’ of brief horror samples, and low bass noise and put my speakers against the party wall, then I went out for the night. Not noisy, not immediately locatable, apparently quite disruptive to sleep.

juanking

Hey Kev, I saw the name of that place and looked it up, I used to live on Marine Crescent. Small world.

Kevevs
    Free Member

You were just down the road from me! they do a top Rogan Josh mate, I’m stuffed! Did you do much riding around here?

juanking

Grew up around that area and went to live in Deganwy for a few years after uni. Done lots around there, some mad routes coming down from the old llangelynyn church. Intact back in a month for a weeks visit. You been exploring long?

Kevevs
    Free Member

know most bits around Conwy Mountain, Tal-y-fan and Drum. Pretty steep descent round llangelynin! Give us an email if you fancy hooking up for a ride when you are about kevinevsATyahooDOTcoDOTuk

RealMan
    Free Member

She’d also turned up in very tight vest and it was at this point I noticed how large her cans were

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Noise Complaint – Well that didn't go too well’ is closed to new replies.