Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • No sound from Mac.
  • pebblebeach
    Free Member

My sons Mac just lost its ability to play any sound through its internal speakers – iTunes, YouTube etc not ageing sound. Tried a few things found on google none of which worked, so turned it off, unplugged the power cord for around 20 seconds then turned it back on and the sound is now back.

What’s that all about then?

glupton1976
    Free Member

System Management Controller – you just reset it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

It’s a computer and they get confused… Also you can reset something SMC maybe? How probably depends on your model but that reset restored the webcam on my MacBook so could be what you did…

Just be happy it fixed it 🙂

nonk
    Free Member

my mac often does this after i have used the headphone port try putting them back in then pulling them out slowly.

tumnurkoz
    Free Member

Work on headphones?

maccruiskeen

(if its a macbook) have a peek inside the headphone jack – is there a little light on in there? The jack can double as an optical connection and plugging/unplugging earphones can fool it into thinking you’ve connected with and optical lead.

If the light is one put play something with sound then plug / unplug earphones a few times until the sound comes back on

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Work on headphones?

No it didn’t work with headphones. And not a MacBook and I read that ‘fix’ involving wx40 and a paperclip – high tech stuff eh 🙂

maccruiskeen

And not a MacBook

so aside from ‘not a macbook’ you going to gives us any clues? – Apple’s been making ‘Macs’ for over a quarter of a century, they’re not all the same. 🙂

pebblebeach
    Free Member

New imac 21.5″ bought feb 2012.

jmason
    Free Member

Spray contact cleaner into the headphone jack. Works a treat

CountZero

my mac often does this after i have used the headphone port try putting them back in then pulling them out slowly.

Don’t know about the headphone socket, but I’m amazed the damned dock connector works as consistently well as it does on iPhones and pods, considering there’s all those piddly little connectors in there, and the amount of fluff that gets caught up carrying the things around!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

pebblebeach – Member
    New imac 21.5″ bought feb 2012.

Quick call to the warranty line?

sockpuppet

I’ve had a red light in the jack and no sound from the MacBook for about three years now! No around of paper-clipping has worked….

It’s amazing what you get used to! Headphones still work but often I don’t bother.

If find YouTube videos have a certain tension to them. Admittedly some just fail to make any sense, but are interesting!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘No sound from Mac.’ is closed to new replies.