Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • No Salsa Mukluk complete bike to be sold here in the UK
  • coastkid
    Free Member

Thanks from The Bike Chain it appears that here in the UK ISON the salsa (and surly) importer are not going to import the complete Mukluk just the framset at £500, thats around £60 more than a pugsley frameset…
    now i just posted a few threads in the last few days on a few UK forums about this bike and there was ALOT of interest in this bike because of the complete bike at a guessed £1500…
    so no sourcing parts,rear hubs and brake calipers for up front, finding wheel builders who understood what you want etc…
    which is what alot of folk said put them off building a pugsley,
    no hassel, just order and pay,job done,
    ISON UK? EPIC FAIL

Salsa if your reading this find a new distributer please!, cause as with the pugsley these guys are useless…if it wasnt for wanting to support my 2 local bike shops i would just be ordering direct from the USA and taking the hit on the import duty

this is a real shame

and ON ONE if your reading this heres your chance to get a cheap frameset fatbike released and a complete model for sale and corner the UK market, heres one who will happily buy British where ever its made
    build it and they will come…and have fun 😆

epicyclo

+1

Northwind

Fair play, but how many people really want a fat bike? It's a niche of niches. Is there the demand to justify the imports?

brant
    Free Member

£60 more than a Puglsey sounds a bargain for that frame.
    It's ISON.

coastkid
    Free Member

thought they would have at least brought in so many to test the water,
    plenty places to ride them,and anyone who wants to ride year round whatever trail conditions and who dosnt want to damage fragile trails and then there`s also the coastline,
    miles and miles of it 😮

Edit, thanks Brant, on 4th pint cider 😮

rOcKeTdOg

if you want it and your LBS can't get it, i can't see the problen with buying from the states, afterall your LBS will be there for parts when they wear out

gee
    Free Member

I'm sure their associated bike shop, Billy's, could do you a build fairly easily. It's the same company.

GB

myheadsashed

Come one brant limited run of Ti Fats….. 😉

thomthumb
    Free Member

Fair play, but how many people really want a fat bike?

waves hand.

bit like 29ers though – the companies say they don't sell well in the uk so don't bring them in – maybe if they imported them they'd sell! 🙄

ken_shields
    Free Member

Even on this niche obsessed site only 4 people in a week have hinted that they might buy one so I would suggest that there really isn't a valid business case for bringing the complete bike in.

Why would you want one of these bikes? I remember when DHers were using 3" wide tyres andon a muddy day had to always pedal as even rolling downhill they would stop as there was so much drag

myheadsashed

make that 5 I want one

richpips
    Free Member

You'd want a bike built with ISIS and Sram 7 ?

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Wot Ken said.

In 3 years in the shop we have been asked twice about 29ers, let alone fat bikes. If you want one, by all means bring them in yourself, but it's not worth the distributor doing it.

thomthumb
    Free Member

In 3 years in the shop we have been asked twice about 29ers

proving my point – if you had them in the shop people would aks about them.

i'd say i get asked about mine about once a week.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

We don't have any top end MTBs in one of our shops 90% of the time, but get asked about them regularly in that branch.

People will ask about what they want when it comes to a pricier product. Outside of the world of STW, which is a pretty niche group, most people don't want 29ers/fat bikes.

Woody
    Free Member

Even on this niche obsessed site

Good point but some niches become rather popular. Would it really matter to ISON if they imported 1/2 dozen to test the water, especially with a few on here ready to buy one.

Personally speaking, I would much rather a UK company designed their own version with frame and build options on the hard/expensive to source parts ie. wheels, tyres and b/b's and not just in ti but a cheaper steel or ali version.

most people don't want 29ers/fat bikes.

They might if they knew about them. There must be a few tall people (even in Dundee 😉 ) and the coastline offers some great opportunities and you would barely upset the greenkeepers on the golf courses !

coastkid
    Free Member

They might if they knew about them. There must be a few tall people (even in Dundee ) and the coastline offers some great opportunities and you would barely upset the greenkeepers on the golf courses !

i ride mine about the Golf courses all the time :mrgreen:
    but i am a head Greenkeeper 😉
    everyone who see s it wants to know what is, then wants a shot, then asks where you got it, then they cant believe you just cant walk into a shop and order a complete one!
    anyway one way or another there WILL be a UK fatbike frameset and parts available here in the UK within a year or two… 😉

Woody
    Free Member

i am a head Greenkeeper

and any excuse to get the Pug out to sneak up check up on the lads, no doubt 😆

ps. I should have had a look at your link to the Pugsley Riders Uk site before asking numpty questions!

Curly68
    Free Member

Had a word with a mate who works for ISON. Told him about this thread and how many people were interested in buying a complete bike.
    He got back to me today and said that ISON would be bringing in frame and forks only but if anyone wanted a full build, they would do it. Most of the parts are Surly items which they stock anyway!
    So if you are interested in a full build, drop ISON a line and let them know. Frames should be here December though.
    Also ISON will not offer any form of warranty for frames and bikes imported from the USA. Only the frames that they sell will have a full warranty.

trail_rat
    Free Member

mukluk looks like vomit – my mate described it as a dirt jump bike gone wrong after seeing it for the first time.

pugsley far nicer to look at 😀

ojom
    Free Member

Had a look at the bike yesterday and will check it out more today and tomorrow. Will also pin Ison down as much as possible on what the story is for definite.

Oh – it's nice BTW

Hairychested
    Free Member

So how much the frame & forks?

Curly68
    Free Member

Didn't ask a price! LBS should be able to tell you or give Ison a bell 01353 662662

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘No Salsa Mukluk complete bike to be sold here in the UK’ is closed to new replies.