Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • No deal Brexit planning (personal)
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

So going to max out the veggie patch and greenhouse, might get a poly tunnel, got plenty of wood for the log burner, start to stockpile canned goods, get some hens  got plenty of Rabbits, second oil tank on order – quite looking forward to it.

Might have to renew the shotgun licence……

scaredypants

Yeah, I believe “The Road” is set in post-brexit Northamptonshire – use that as a model

jekkyl

You’ve seen the purge right?

rene59
    Free Member

If things get that bad then people will just come and steal all the stuff you have prepared.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A massive curry 12 pints and a shit on the steps of 10 downing street

5thElefant
    Free Member

Stop watching the news. You won’t notice any difference.

footflaps

I plan on eating the neighbours if things get dicy….

P-Jay
    Free Member

Duck and cover.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What size BBQ for 5thElefant?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Actually they’re offering Nurses £75k a year to relocate to Perth, I’m going to be a house husband in the worlds most remote (and boring) city on earth…

neilthewheel

Felix really is As Good As It Looks!

kimbers

Actuallt just been discussing with the wife about what we should do with the savings.

If I didn’t have kids to think about I’d just buy some weed & giggle the shit out of myself watching the leave voters blame everyone but themselves

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Actually they’re offering Nurses £75k a year to relocate to Perth, I’m going to be a house husband in the worlds most remote (and boring) city on earth…

Have you checked house prices in Perth, though the 50k beach side commute is nice from the northern desert.

kimbers

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>5thElefant
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

</div>

Unless you work for pharma, Airbus, JLR, Nissan, Toyota, or any of the 1000s of companies in their supply chains.

Already problems in pan-european clinical trials as, EMA woes aside, where we stand on privacy regs post brexit is up in the air,

MSP

Actually they’re offering Nurses £75k a year to relocate to Perth

How much will they offer for a middle aged man in a sexy nurse uniform 9 sizes too small for him?

colp

I’m going to hole up in a Costco, barricade the doors, reckon I’ll be ok for a few years.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>5thElefant
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

</div>

Maybe post Brexit there will be enough unemployed web devs to fix this

Onzadog
    Free Member

I was thinking of buying gold between now and when it happens. If I think put all that in a pension just after the arse drops out of the market, by the time it’s recovered over the next 30 years, I might just have a pension worth the effort.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Rene59 thats why i am renewing the shotgun licence….

BoardinBob

Sold my house and moved in with the missus. Banking all the money and not buying until we see how the shit show pans out next year. Thankfully I’m 100% debt free and lucky enough to have enough in the bank to cover me for a good few years of not working should the worst scenarios pan out. I’m getting inundated with lucrative overseas job offers at the moment so if we absolutely go to the wall here then me and the missus are off ski

mariner
    Free Member

Move to France.

Garry_Lager

Belgium had no elected government for 1 year and a half (2010 – 2011) and no one was arsed. Everyone just went about their business, watched the cyclocross, and got on the ale. So stand down with the shotgun, oldmanmtb.

Phil_H

If things get that bad then people will just come and steal all the stuff you have prepared

Isn’t that what the shotgun is for?

Phil_H

My plan is to hoard canned goods & firearms and dig a most 🙂

onewheelgood

Belgium had no elected government for 1 year and a half (2010 – 2011) and no one was arsed. Everyone just went about their business, watched the cyclocross, and got on the ale.

How is this even remotely relevant to what will happen in the event of a no-deal brexit?

Murray

I’m planning to head for the hills in Northamptonshire. If that doesn’t work, I’ll hole up at the top of the Express Lifts testing tower.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How is this even remotely relevant to what will happen in the event of a no-deal brexit?

you can chant it while rocking back and forward waiting for your loaf of bread

mattyfez

I’ll baracade into a shopping center.

It worked OK in dawn of the dead. Except they have gun shops in shopping malls in America so I’d have to aquire weapons elsewhere before I take over meadowhall.

frankconway

Simples – my mother was Irish and born in Ireland, as in Eire. That means I’m an Irish citizen and am legally guaranteed an Irish passport – as are my children so…..I don’t trucking care. When shit hits fan I’ll move to France; buy house and gîte, rent gîte to remainers/remoaners only; brexies, sun/mail/express readers will be totally unwelcome – and probably torygraph readers.

(Great) Britain? Historically, yes. Now and in the future – Great? Im not convinced

jekkyl

The only things in the shops will be UK products. We’ll all have to live on Greggs steak bakes and shitty Tesco lager 😱

dissonance

I think the only relevance is that we would be better off not having a government than the current bunch of eejits.

That means I’m an Irish citizen and am legally guaranteed an Irish passport

Probably best to get it sooner rather than later though. I havent got round to it yet but I think will need to soon.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No idea, I’m mortgaged to the hilt and have no savings, so any ‘planning’ is pretty pointless, might buy some paracetamol and make sure the car is full of fuel all the time in the first few weeks, but beyond that the shit will hit the fan and I fully expect to be one of the ones bearing the full force of it.

Practically, I plan to learn German. I had no intention of moving abroad whilst we were in the EU, however I’ve a feeling that even if a job could in principle be done anywhere (engineering design work, mostly for companies outside the EU being my previous employment), I suspect that the interdependence with the jobs market will result in better EU wages than in the UK.  As just because my job could be here or germany, the german company is competing for talent with all the other engineering employers doing domestic work.  Whereas I’ll be competing with a load of other out of work engineers.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

I seem to recall the predictions of chaos and everything collapsing both before and after the Brexit vote. Nothing really changed. I doubt it will now, even if it goes forward. Would be intrigued to know how many of the people saying at the time of the vote they will apply for whatever EU passport they could, actually did, and how many of them actually moved once they had the passport.

mrmo
    Free Member

I am seriously considering booking a holiday to Ireland. Worst case I should be able to blag a desk and laptop at head office and because I will still have an EU passport no work visa issues to worry about.

mrmo
    Free Member

I seem to recall the predictions of chaos and everything collapsing both before and after the Brexit vote. Nothing really changed. I doubt it will now, even if it goes forward. Would be intrigued to know how many of the people saying at the time of the vote they will apply for whatever EU passport they could, actually did, and how many of them actually moved once they had the passport.

To answer your point, we haven’t left all the agreements are still in place, on the 1st of April 750 agreements covering trade, flights, food, energy, customs, etc etc etc all simultaneously end. Some of these agreements aren’t that important. Some mean no flights can leave the UK, and the cross border energy supplies get shut down. which are marginally more important.

thomasthetankengine
    Free Member

I still doubt the utter carnage some people are predicting.

BoardinBob

Nothing really changed.

Apart from:

The pound tanking against the euro and dollar

inflation increasing 6 fold

a talent flight from the NHS

Numerous business going bust

etc etc

mrmo
    Free Member

I still doubt the utter carnage some people are predicting.

It really does come down to what no deal means. NO DEAL and the UK is screwed, no trade deal, but the agreements covering driving licences, planes, medicines etc and things will just be bad.

One thing to keep in mind, the ERG, Legatum,etc look at those pushing and funding and ask why? The Kiwi behind Legatum made  a fortune during the collapse of the Soviet Union. Chaos is a good way of making money.

oldnpastit

I’m just slowly moving moist of my ISA and SIPP holdings out of things heavily focussed on the UK.

I think holding cash is pretty daft right now.

I’m going to have to do the same to the various company pension schemes I’ve accreted over the years. Probably a good opportunity to amalgamate some of the smaller and more pointless ones.

I haven’t really thought beyond that. If we start having power cuts it’s all going to get very grim very quickly.

hot_fiat

Probably best to get it sooner rather than later though. I havent got round to it yet but I think will need to soon.

Thr inititial registration as an Irish citizen born outside of Ireland, which is what you need to get a passport, is taking up to 6 months right now. Then it’s another month to get the actual passport.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘No deal Brexit planning (personal)’ is closed to new replies.