Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nintendo 3DS or 3DS XL ?
  • parkedtiger
    Free Member

Is the larger XL worth the extra cash ?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I just got the kids xls for Christmas – much larger screens, and for the extra cash (about thirty quid) well worth it.

patriotpro
    Free Member

OK for the kids but the lower image quality (due to he bigger screen) would put me off.

Cougar

Top tip: You can turn a 3DS into a 3DS XL quickly and cheaply by simply holding it closer to your face.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Ive had a heated discussion with a “tech geek” about this and i opted for the 3ds, the xl picture does suffer as its just a zoomed in picture scalled up to fit the screen, battery life half of the normal one, and you can get new 3ds for 109 where as the cheapest 3dsxl ive personally seen is 179, oh and you have to buy a charger as the xl dosent come with one in the box, another 20 quid.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I had the same question, but after reading a few reviews of the XL the consensus seemed to be that the improvements due to the bigger screen significantly outweighed the effects of the bigger screen/same resolution issue. And the charger is only about six quid, in Amazon, if you don’t already have on from the old dsi.

parkedtiger
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice – does the larger 4GB SD card make much of a difference. Presumably it’s just for storing downloaded games ?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Presumably it’s just for storing downloaded games ?

That’s right.

patriotpro
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    I had the same question, but after reading a few reviews of the XL the consensus seemed to be that the improvements due to the bigger screen significantly outweighed the effects of the bigger screen/same resolution issue.

What are the ‘improvements’?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I think I googled ‘Nintendo 3DS Xl review’ and read a few off the first page.

patriotpro
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    I think I googled ‘Nintendo 3DS Xl review’ and read a few off the first page.

ah right…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nintendo 3DS or 3DS XL ?’ is closed to new replies.