Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Nikon D200
  • Denis99
    Free Member

Anyone using a Nikon D200?

Changing from 4/3 Olympus due to the limited lens choice, taken with the D200.

Seems a robust body if a tad large in the camelbak. Other choice is the Canon 40D.

User opinions welcome, looking at Ebay prices the bodies seem to be going for around £450 ish.

CheesybeanZ

Mrs beanZ has been using Nikon cameras for the last 10 years and realy rates the D200 , prob need 2 batteries if using all day and a better neck strap (imo) otherwise a top camera for the price .

DrJ

Seems a bit expensive? Have you looked at the D80? Much smaller and lighter, but similar in other respects.

simonk
    Free Member

I bought one not long after it was first released and i have and still do love using it, it is a bit bulky and weighs a fair bit as it has an all metal body and chassis but it is rugged and can take a beating even from the weather, mine has been soaked with rain more than once and still works flawlessly, i use a system similar to SFB with a Lowe bag attached to my chest but it will get in the bag easily (i use a cambleback cloudrunner)
    £450 seems steep for second hand but bear in mind from time to time new ones are still selling in the US for $499 when stocks are available (it is now discontinued) so there is still a solid demand for it.
    Only shortfalls i can think of are the autofocus is not as fast as i would have liked, the battery life is not brilliant expect 450 shots tops from a battery (my old D100 would shoot 600+)and lasty the images can be a little soft but as i shoot RAW all the time i am not really worried to much.
    For the money you can get the D60 with a 17-55VR and still have change left over or for about £770 ish for can get a D90 with the 18-105mm lens

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I’ve shot about 50,000 frames on mine, which was second hand when I bought it. It’s been wet and mud spattered and other than having lost the screen cover and the remote and flash sync covers I’ve had no problems with it (touch wood) – brilliant camera, but looking forward to the D400 (which might appear soon – and which might also lead to D200 prices falling a bit more).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Nikon D200’ is closed to new replies.