Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Nike + for iPod? any good / how does it work?
  • sam_underhill

The Mrs wants something to monitor how far she has run. As she runs with music anyway, this seems like a great idea.

But, if it is just a fancy pedometer then is is really accurate? Perhaps the blob thing that goes on the shoe is more like a clever accelerometer?

has anyone got any experience of these?

z1ppy

g/f bought one, and 'sweat' (not even rain) has knackered the display, waste of cash unfortunaltey. She use an app on her iphone now…

sam_underhill

ah… there is a watch type one. I was thinking of the one that plugs into her ipod nano.

z1ppy

oh, sorry as you say it the watch verion.

DrJ

It is a fancy pedometer, but it is quite good – the way it saves your data on the website etc. It provides a bit of extra motivation – for me, anyway.

Martin_pendle
    Free Member

I've got the watch version used in mostly rain for 5 runs so far and it works perfectly. I assume it will be just as effective on an iPod.

Only thing to remember is to calibrate after the first run. Its fairly easy to do, measure the route on Bikehike or Mapmyrun and then edit the distance in the nike software. Mine has given very accurate results since then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Nike + for iPod? any good / how does it work?’ is closed to new replies.