Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Nicknames have we done this?
  • oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Welder called Flangio
    Plater called Dog Otter as he looked like a…
    One Ball Louie as he had ….
    That sort of thing

twicewithchips
    Free Member

There once was a man from Nantucket…

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Lord of the Rings as he pursued married ladies

jam-bo

Tractor Tom – he’d pull anything.

Dave – I never actually knew what her real name was but she started work at the club I worked at, the head doorman called her Dave and it stuck for years.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Hoss (Yorkshire Horse) ahem as he was hung like one

snaps
    Free Member

I used to work with a guy called Steve Woodcock, often called timber (timberwilly) or splinter (splinterdick)

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Bloke on my village call Reg and I once called him Dave by mistake and it’s stuck 15 years on – must be theme

markcurtains
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

Dave – I never actually knew what her real name was but she started work at the club I worked at, the head doorman called her Dave and it stuck for years.

I worked in a restaurant where the best lookinng waitress was known as Dave. Management couldn’t be bothered to reset her actual name on the till system so all her food orders went under the name of the guy she replaced.

I worked with a guy who’s nickname was Warren, short for “Warrenugly[rude word]”. To his face he was short for Warren Beatty as he’d previously worked at BT

Long winter nights fly by…

markcurtains
    Free Member

oh and not one of mine, saw it on Twitter ages ago
    “there’s a bloke at our place who’s name is Wayne Bruce. We call him Manbat”. Don’t even care if it’s not true 😀

zippykona

When I used to see bands in the 80s there was always little gangs and eventually you got to know them.
    One of the gangs used to have a girl who was not blessed with the best of looks and we unimagatively christened her Hilda the Builder.
    In a pub before a gig we got chatting to another gang and started talking about Hilda. It took a while til they realised we were talking about a girl that worked in a library.
    They had done a better job and christened her Conan the Librarian.

ferrals
    Free Member

Knew a bloke called Rattman didn’t know his real name and he was staying at his folks so when I needed to call up I asked to speak to ratman, his old man wasn’t masssivrly impressed 😆

Dunno why not, Ratmans brother was called Coon 😯 (Always very tanned as a kid apparently)

Disclaimer: I am not a racist, name nothing to do with me

downshift

Chap called Al Hawes, nickname “Zoot”. Another colleague called Antony protested when called Tony that it sounded too Italian. Still known as Luigi some 25 years later…

kerbdog
    Free Member

Know a guy nicknamed Vlad after Vlad the impaler, back in university he’d literally stick his **** in anything.

alpin
    Free Member

At college there was P-ed. Big lad but with a small head.

breadcrumb

We had a lad with moobs, his nickname was tits.

Another guy’s nose looked like a penis, he was known as, and introduced himself as cocknose.

blader1611
    Free Member

A lad nicknamed Tobias, his real name is Jonathan but we had too many of them so he was given the random name. His parents also call him Tobias, nobody knows who even started that,not even him!

tom200

I know someone called tulip… he chews his lips.
    A girl called frilly… she wears frilly knickers to work.

JEngledow
    Free Member

At college we had ‘Womble’ because he apparently lost a testicle in a skiing accident and ‘Quim’ because he was a bit of a C 😆

jamj1974

IG88. Lady who looked like the RoJ droid.
    Lobot. See above but ESB.
    Reg. A local kid whose name I have forgotten – we re-christened him for no reason when he was about 7.
    GBH. Not violent – he was named Ginger Biscuit Head because of his red hair.
    Wingnut. He has big ears.
    G-Force. He had a squashed face.

andytherocketeer

Guy at uni was called stroboscope. Used to blink permanently about 10 times per second.

Then there’s Fudd (as in Elmer) for obvious reasons.

wwaswas

Manbat – real name Wayne Bruce.

maccruiskeen

We refer some inlaws as ‘The Excorcists’ – whenever they visit they rid the house of spirits.

swanny853

I think I actually saw it on here some time back, so apologies if it steals someone elses thunder, but probably my favourite and worth repeating has to be the chap known as Wrexham- real name Justin Wales

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Top thread

kimbers

as a scout leader one kid was called Hunter, i couldnt figure out why
    till i realised he had absolutely no skill at sports; football, tennis, hatever he would just hoof the ball as hard as possible and be sent off to go and hunt for it.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Sledge. Always pulled by dogs.

CB. C**t boy.

Silent G. Real name Angus.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Another work colleague was called half lugs as he only had one ear…very north eastern nickname

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

There are many others but I would end up in court

downshift

Hmm, mikertroid, I think I know all 3 of those in a relatively small subset of an uncommon occupation. In one way or another it’s a very small world…

jamj1974

Silent G. Real name Angus.

Love it!

ekul
    Free Member

I had the unfortunate nickname of supersenses at high school due to my glasses AND hearing aids. It was a difficult period.

rOcKeTdOg

The spaniard, expert at manuals

mtbmaff
    Free Member

I have three Marks who work with me, dark Mark, he’s from Mauritius, skid Mark he’s always farting and question Mark because he’s on a temporary contract.

Gunz
    Free Member

Quite a few standing nicknames in the RN but two have stuck in my mind:

Pucker, surname Dring
    Monger, surname Lloyd.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Exorcist. Wouldn’t leave yer house til all the spirits were gone.

The Blackpool face mask. Had a rubber look about him.

Scare the weans. He was bloody ugly.

Jimmy 2 rods. Was about lazy welder, only ever burnt 2 rods about shift.

Butter face. A lass at work who has a stunning body, but isn’t blessed in the facial dept. All butter face.

Pigface
    Free Member

Was in Uni with a tall skinny ginger lad, he was called Bean or when he played football Ranaldbeanhio

A friends brother was known as The Olympic Flame, he never went out.

Billy lighthouse or Billy smallcoal

A bloke who was massive so was called Dwarf, when his son joined the gang was known as Sod.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Downshift

It certainly is!

maccruiskeen

Theres an animal handler working in the scottish film industry know as ‘Crocodile Dumfries’

Cougar

I went to uni with a lad named Biscuit. It took me far too long to work out it was because his first name and last initial was Rich T.

I also used to know a Woodcock. An ex of his referred to him as Knob of Butter.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Nicknames have we done this?’ is closed to new replies.