Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • Nicknames – any good ones?
  • wwaswas

Prompted by seeing this;

Guy in work is called Wayne Bruce. He’s known as Manbat, probably the best nickname ever.

Much as it may surprise people who know me and my ‘just a polish today please’ bonce now I was called ‘Mop’ at school as I looked like I had one of these balanced on my head;

So, bar your stw login, what’s your nickname?

jimjam
    Free Member

When I fight they call me “The Nickname”.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s not unknown north of the border for blokes with the surname Ritchie to be lumbered with the nickname “Mabozza”.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Guy at work with the surname Sanders is universally known as “Colonel”. Took me ages to twig. 😳

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Working at a Railway Station there are so many of our clientel and Trainspotters with brilliant nicknames.

Stoner
    Free Member

A friend from the pub is known as “Dink”. He’s a metal worker.
    Another is called “Bonk” but I have no idea why.
    We also have Uncle Fester, because he has 0 body hair thanks to a bout of alopecia.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I worked with a guy called Donny who had the worst mouthful of teeth you’ve ever seen.

He was known as “Donny Summer”.

Summer white, summer black, summer crooked, summer broken ….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bar your stw login

🙁

It was actually my nickname at university. Along with various other words beginning with “d” thrown in the middle…some complimentary, most not. 😐

ton

a customer of ours is called black dog. and a mate I worked with was known as topper.

both for the same reason.

fasthaggis

Still traumatized by my school nickname,I really need to go back and deal with this issue so that I can move on . 😉

lunge

A good friend of mine is know as The Wolf of Broad Street due to his antics on nights out in Birmingham. His brother is know as The Captain, this is short for Captain Fanny-around due to his constant lateness and procrastination.

There’s a guy I work with called Fluff, no idea why but it always seems an odd thing to call him.

martymac

mate of mine is called spanner.
    due to a gay guy he used to work with fancying him, we all joked that when he saw spanner his nuts would tighten . .

BillMC

I played rugby with a bloke known as Bungalow, there wasn’t a lot upstairs.

binners

bar your stw login

Thats been what everyone’s called me since school 🙁

When we were younger and all had big Jap sportsbikes, my mate Andy bought a vintage Triumph Bonneville. He was immediately christened Ken, after Ken Boon on the old, crap ITV programme Boon, who rode one. Since then, nobody ever calls him Andy, except his mum, and everyone who meets him just presumes his name is Ken

Pigface
    Free Member

I heard of a guy called Sod who worked on the roads, his dad worked on the same site, he was known as Dwarf 😆

My dad worked with a guy who was known as Billy Lighthouse or Billy small coal

A friends brother is know as the Olympic flame 😆

Bregante

Wrexham – the lads name is Justin Wales

A cop I work with who is only about 5’2″ is known by everyone as Laptop – (small PC)

tonyg2003

In the village where my in-laws live, in the Breacons, there are quite a few Dai’s. One guy is a mad football fan and organises trips to his team. Everyone in the village calls him “Dai ManU”. Always makes me smile.

Harry_the_Spider

One of my old mates was Dog Shit Dave. So named because whilst romancing a lady one night on the golf course they ended up butt nekid in a pile of pooch poo.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

We call a fella here … Elevenerife… Like Tenerife, just one better. Like all his stories.

There is also…

Log … the cigar smoker

Chef … 20 stone

Bruceless …. rubbish at his job

FakeBake… has a permatan

Or there’s the gay lad … Yorkie

cultsdave
    Free Member

A mate of a mate is known as the Quim-Reaper on account of his luck with the ladies!!

Gunz
    Free Member

After 20 years in the RN I’ve heard a few good ones, my favourites being:

Monger, surname Lloyd

Pucker, surname Dring

You have to same them together a few times.

zinaru
    Free Member

Uncle Peach.
    No idea why or what his real name was.
    Knew how to ‘read’ slot machines, was banned from several pubs in Edinburgh due to the fact.

Another guy called Paul turned up at a pub football game.
    What’s your name?
    Paul.
    We already have a Paul, choose another name.
    Erm… Susan.

Still Susan 20 years later…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What’s your name?
    Paul.
    Erm… Susan.

Still Susan 20 years later…

Brilliant!

A good mate of mine’s called Trapper. There’s just about only his Mum, Dad & Mrs who call him John.

lunge

What’s your name?
    Paul.
    Erm… Susan.

That is classic Sunday league style. We have a guy called Jonesey to all, his name is not anything to do with Jones but his first game for us he played under the pseudonym Richard Jones and it’s stuck ever since. See also the guy know has Billy whose first game was under the name William Hill (yes, that was a made up name, no the league never picked that up).

dan1980
    Free Member

There are a few folk that insist on calling me Sutcliffe. There is a slight passing resemblance….

ratherbeintobago

A good mate of mine’s called Trapper. There’s just about only his Mum, Dad & Mrs who call him John.

Is that a M*A*S*H reference, or something else?

Since then, nobody ever calls him Andy, except his mum, and everyone who meets him just presumes his name is Ken

Had five years of this at school; got rechristened after a rugby player with the same surname on account of my prowess (ahem) on the playing field and it stuck. Even some of the teachers were unaware of my real first name.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m guessing it refers to the 80s American TV Series Trapper John MD.

EDIT: oops, there was a MASH character called Trapper John too wasn’t there? (slightly before my time)

ratherbeintobago

I’m guessing it refers to the 80s American TV Series Trapper John MD.

Same character; Trapper John MD is a MASH spin-off.

dknwhy

We’ve got a mate called Wingnut (big ears).
    I was TopGun in army cadets cos my surname is a bit like Kazansky in Top Gun. I’d have preferred IceMan.

We’ve also got a mate called Wobbla as he wobbles when he runs. One called Moe cos he looks like Moe from the Simpsons, in fact most of my mates have nicknames. Is it a guy thing?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Trapper only got named that after MASH came out, & he reckons that’s where it came from.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Same character; Trapper John MD is a MASH spin-off.

😀 Every day’s a school day!

notlocal
    Free Member

The lads I ride with call me LJ, from Longjohn, because of…… my height.
    Another lad is Buster, due to an unfortunate stem/anatomy interface.
    Big Daddy received his because of the bib knickers he insists on wearing. Easy easy easy.

BoardinBob

My nicknames Barnet

There is absolutely no reason other than a mate took to calling me it when we were young and everyone followed suit

4130s0ul
    Free Member

a few of my “friends” nicknames

Freak – because he is, everyone including his entire family know him as freak (sounds funny coming from his gran)
    Gayface – yep, he has a gay face
    Dirty Ted – for his appreciation of fine German cinematography (if you get my drift)
    Mickey Tri-Wigs – he’s balding in different parts of his head so it looks like he wears three little wigs up top.
    Pete Sampras – because he’s 90% hair.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Anybody I meet who is “rockin'” the hipster style beard automatically assumes the nickname “Chewie”

BoardinBob

It’s not unknown north of the border for blokes with the surname Ritchie to be lumbered with the nickname “Mabozza”.

I have made with the surname Aitken who is also better known as Mabozza

Actually he’s a boring fart and in later years he’s become known as “the pilot light” because he never goes out

perchypanther
    Free Member

My six year old son , Alastair, is called “Bongo”.

My fault.

I’ve occasionally called him Ali Bongo since he was a baby and his mates have heard it and its stuck.

Harry_the_Spider

When he was 3 my lad christened his then 1 year old sister Mrs Chimbong.

This too has stuck.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Guy I know is a shade under 5’4. Nickname – Trip Hazard.
    When I was in the RAF we had loads of nicknames, BIFF (bloody idle fat f##), Bubbles (looked like a chimp), Mandy ( real name Paul, but looked a bit girlie) and Various. Various was asked ” what do you like to be called?” His reply ” oh, various things…” so that was that. 😀

Cougar

his mates have heard it and its stuck.

Funny how they do, sometimes. I’ve a mate known to this day as “Projectile Dave,” following his throwing up after a few two many beers some twenty years ago.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘Nicknames – any good ones?’ is closed to new replies.