Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Niche SS beard
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So I've stopped shaving, I've started lusting after a ti hardtail, even considering running it SS, I'm the wrong side of 30, how long before I get a job in IT? Should I go the whole hog and get a 29er?

What has this place done to me? It was all ok until I started looking at the bike forum!

nickc

Nuke yourself from orbit…etc etc.

molgrips
    Free Member

You'll have to get this bike, ride it and realise what a load of bollocks is spouted about SS, and then go back to a normal bike. And shave.

stumpynya12
    Free Member

Get it, build it, ride it and dust the geared freaks YAHOO !!! Age is not a problem its attitude that counts. 48 and should know better but bollocks to being a adult, it sucks.

tazzymtb

as long as you don't get a job in IT anything (even being an attentionwhorenicehmongeringelitist) will be excusable!

Get a job in IT and you may as well kiss all you social skills goodby and start thinking about your World of war carft account and how much you fancy the digital Lara croft as she understands you more than a real woman ever could 😉

sc-xc

Ride whatever you want to. Just don't grow a beard and take wacky photos just to join the try-too-hards that seem to lurk around these parts.

tazzymtb

Barry I've never lurked around your parts, that is a outrageous slur and I demand satisfaction! I will get a local ragamuffin to deliver the challenge to you. Shopping bikes with nice baskets at dawn that'll settle it

sc-xc

I have a feeling I know which local ragamuffin you'll send. I'll be biding my time, watching, watching…then – like a tiger, I will pounce.

tazzymtb

Ok you win!

sc-xc

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rOcKeTdOg

I'm doing it wrong, just put 9 gears on my 29er, hope my beard doesn't get caught in the rear mech…wacky photo to follow!

singlespeedstu

Barry Bethel – Member

I have a feeling I know which local ragamuffin you'll send

Do you think he'll be a member of this group of ragamuffins

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I use a stubble trimmer and only shave for (rare) meetings now.

I want a ti hardtail. I've spent the same again as my bike cost on upgrades.

But I still don't want a 29er or a singlespeed…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hmmm, tonight I may just have to drink some niche cider and contemplate what has become of me. I find facial hair is a very good prop for a contemplative mood.

tazzymtb

stu- a group that loves big hairy pussies, just my kind of thing 😀

tazzymtb

I'm sorry but offering an young hairless pussy for sale is just plain wrong! Are you gary glitter in disguise? 😉

once again the level of singletrack sinks so far beyond good taste it's unbelievable. Shame on you all, you've warped my fragile little mind 😕

firestarter
    Free Member

i have a 29er but im afraid im not allowed a beard at work ;-(

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

haha firestarer…. you're definitely not joining 'the gang' then! 😉

singlespeedstu

Beards are so last year.

Horseshoe mustaches are the shizznit for singlespeeders of distinction.

firestarter
    Free Member

i know its a bugger . tho i did have a beard when in the army for quite a while which was very niche at the time 😉

tazzymtb

firestarter you could grow other hairy bits into a trouser gandalf and be even more/secret and niche

tazzymtb

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That's it I'm going to GHD my body hair. It's nouveau-niche!

tazzymtb

GHD's tend to overheat and cause burns. I'd be careful TSY, as you may end up walking with a comedy stylee if at all goes a bit wrong

clunker

just wish I could grow a beard 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*shakes head at tazzymtb*

Nobody ever said being niche was easy…. and making myself look like a 'no hair there sphynx' seems far more risky 😯

firestarter
    Free Member

mmm horseshoe tache 😉

singlespeedstu

firestarter – Member

mmm horseshoe tache

Coming soon to a SSUK 2010. 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

believe it or not stu we arent even allowed to have a tache the goes past the edge of the corners of our mouth ;-(

OCB
    Free Member

Riding in sandals is comfortable too, cough cough, so my err, friend says.
    I've also heard that rigid forks are the way to go too …

You can stop working in IT eventually too, although you don't ever say that you have 'given up', just that you are not working in IT at the moment

tazzymtb

that'll be the 'tache style also known as "cock duster" then 😉

sc-xc

believe it or not stu we arent even allowed to have a tache the goes past the edge of the corners of our mouth ;-(

No problemo…

firestarter
    Free Member

lol

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

sandals pah, you need to get yourself some clippless flip flops!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Niche SS beard’ is closed to new replies.