Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Nice DIsks
  • Olly
    Free Member

bad news brown.
    in my experience, unless the track widths are the same, you can end up buggering up your brakes.

tfb, they would be the wrong way around if you were viewing it from the right, but brakes go on the left :s
    so no

the arms should lead forward towards the hub, so braking pushes down the arm, not pulls across it.

nickc

The Artist, I've got Hope floaters on my Cham, and because it looks like a motorbike, I can a) make broom broom noises, and b) I look well cool, c) girls notice me more, and d) I go faster.

All true, thanks to Hope…

trail_rat
    Free Member

ashima samples i saw last week with stove enameled centers lookd pretty cool stoner

braking surfact obviously still silver but anything not touched by brakes was red on both sides …..

MrSparkle

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – wot he said.

Stoner
    Free Member

ashima samples i saw last week with stove enameled centers lookd pretty cool stoner

braking surfact obviously still silver but anything not touched by brakes was red on both sides

Thats the kind of needless aesthetics we should all aspire to.
    TJ can carry on riding around in a hairshirt if he wishes.

scruff
    Free Member

I'd like rotors with lazer cut outs of animals you see while riding- squirrels, wabbits, deer, sheep, doggies & beastwithtwobacks.

snaps
    Free Member

Surprised nobodys mentioned http://www.dirtydogmtb.com/rotors.htm

trail_rat
    Free Member

needless aesthetics enough for me 😉 3 bolt saws….

theflatboy
    Free Member

tfb, they would be the wrong way around if you were viewing it from the right, but brakes go on the left :s
    so no

i know which way round the braking force should apply to the arms, and i'm still sure they're the wrong way round – if you imagine a mountain bike with the braced arms on the rotors pointing forwards, then in the picture we're effectively looking at the side nearest the drivetrain, with the front of the bike to the right. i'm positive!

cf. this:

correctly mounted rotors. you can't mount those ones with the writing on the correct way round for the writing to be read from the left, the "outside"… you just can't!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i'm right, aren't i? admit it!

theflatboy
    Free Member

well?

I think they're fugly flatboy

theflatboy
    Free Member

so do i, i hate them. i didn't post them in the first place. but my point is that the writing's the wrong way round. olly claims not. what say you?

Ah, I see.

Dunno *shrugs*

cynic-al
    Free Member

It is if you go with perceived wisdom…It's not clear to me that the rotors must be mounted a certain way though.

samuri
    Free Member

I would say that rotor should be mounted the way we're looking at it now. That way the spokes will 'lead' as they rotate and I don't suppose it matters which way round it is mounted, the spokes aren't going to compress at all.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

There's nothing wrong with wanting a bike to look the way you want it to.

most sensible thing I've read on here for ages

PJ266
    Free Member

Flatboys right.

Manchester-Trev
    Free Member

Samuri, here you go, i like the Northern Star…

http://www.muckynutz.com/shop.html

DickBarton

As I still own the disc rotor and have done since new, I'm afraid you are wrong Flatboy – they got ordered from Hope and the order simply asked for the words required…I gave them the words and they made the rotors – I'm assuming as it was Hope that made them, they know the way to mount them and therefore cut them accordingly.

They were used on some very early Hope DH4 Pros…

trail_rat
    Free Member

hope stopped making them rotors dick due to the letters creating stress raisers and them cracking , catastrophically in some cases , mind a guys sintesi bazooka 01/02 model being able to fit a car tire in the rear end when his rotor snapped at the writing and jamming in the caliper.

Olly
    Free Member

hum, you are right flatboy, thats a very odd rotor, looks like one edge is leading, then looks like the other is.

i submit to your glory (boo)

rotor arms wouldnt compress, but they might sheer if you went against the grain?

theflatboy
    Free Member

good good – i was more worried that my spacial awareness had gone totally out of the window!

trail rat, that's weird that that's how they were made because i didn't think any manufacturer made them like that, they're normally the other way round. weird one.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Nice DIsks’ is closed to new replies.