Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • New (to me) Bike – Halfords Single Speed Special :-)
  • letmetalktomark

After selling my R853 Sirius in a moment of madness last year I fancied getting back to having a dedicated single speed bike but with the versatility of gears etc if needed.

Basically I wanted another Pipedream esq bike but without the weight 😕 of the Pipedream frame*

So when this came up for sale I snapped it up.

Geometry and sizing wise its almost the same as the Sirius. Bit longer in the TT – Which is a good thing for me.

On my kitchen scales with dropouts and seatclamp the frame weighed 1840g – In my mind this isn’t bad for a 20” frame.

Currently built up with what I had – except forks.

No idea on weight – feels pretty light.

Still some fettling to do but hopefully its maiden voayage will early next week.

Anyhoo pics – albeit rubbish ones 🙂

* Although I never found it problematic the 19” was nearly 1.5lb heavier than my same sized Soul 🙁

wwaswas

“ooh, there’s a few flints left over from the raised bed thingy. I know! I’ll build a small pyramid!”

I like th ebike although the seatpost looks like it’s a tad too far out the frame for safety?

letmetalktomark

wwaswas – Member

“ooh, there’s a few flints left over from the raised bed thingy. I know! I’ll build a small pyramid!”

I like th ebike although the seatpost looks like it’s a tad too far out the frame for safety?

😆 Unfinished gatepost 🙂

There is plenty of post in the frame but I agree from that pic it doesn’t look like it 😕

Perhaps the first ride will rectify things?

oxym0r0n

Lush – it’s a shame they don’t do a 19″ to match my Wanga. 😥

Pipedream forks? How do they ride?

Thanks

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Nice looking bike and garden

letmetalktomark

oxym0r0n – Member

Pipedream forks? How do they ride?

Salsa Cromotos.

With the steerer cut a bit they become sub 1kg forks, which for steel forks I think is quite good.

My second pair of forks – they ride really quite nicely – removing a bit of chatter but at the end of the day they are rigid.

I did email Stuart at Pipedream regarding their forks but it put me off the fact that they didn’t have cable guides – a strange omission in my mind.

catflees – Member

Nice looking bike and garden

Thank you 😳

Houns

Another Voodoo D-Jab owner here, fantastic bike

brassneck

How much did you get the frame for?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Another SS djab owner here as well.

amazing bike

letmetalktomark

Things certainly look promising 🙂

TD – Nice red ascents 8) How come you removed the decals?

I am on the lookout for a ti layback post – waiting to hear from a chap on here re a Van Nic one

trickydisco
    Free Member

I love the red bits too 🙂

When i bought the frame (off here) they were all fading so I used nail polish to get rid of it

Did try and get hold of some new ones.

Mines the 100mm version. I presume yours can take 140?

letmetalktomark

trickydisco – Member

I love the red bits too

When i bought the frame (off here) they were all fading so I used nail polish to get rid of it

Did try and get hold of some new ones.

Mines the 100mm version. I presume yours can take 140?

I have no idea 😛

How can you tell?

Based purely on aesthetics our bikes seem identical 😕

I popped in a 29” wheel on the front and the angle seemed way off doable even with using a 445mm fork 😕

What the serial no. on yours?

trickydisco
    Free Member
    BigJohn

I don’t think the titanium Voodoos ever got through Halfords doors. Tim at Sideways was the main dealer until a year or so ago, I think. Lovely bike – I ride with a friend who has one as his SS. Never uses his other bikes now.

Houns

Funny, i got mine through Halfords

trickydisco
    Free Member

I ride with a friend who has one as his SS. Never uses his other bikes now.

that has happened to me!

mangoridebike

They did sell the DJabs in Halfords – I nearly impulse bought one from there for an absolute steal.

if i hadn’t just been made redundant I would have bought one

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘New (to me) Bike – Halfords Single Speed Special :-)’ is closed to new replies.