Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • new, some questions
  • pastcaring
    Free Member

hello i'm new 😳

any opinions on the endura mt500 jacket(hooded)?

also opinions on speicalized purgatory tyres or maxxis advantage?

does anyone use mud tyres?

just moved to the south coast, so still exploring the trails but mostly clay and roots so far.

more dumb questions to follow.

wwaswas

try bonty Mud-X's for winter if you live around the south downs and are looking for something that'll cope with everything.

not tried the jacket, sorry.

JaceFace
    Free Member

Hello

I've got one of those jackets and I love it – plenty of venting so doesn't get too hot (it's a lot colder up here though – I moved to Cumbria from the South Coast). I think there's a version without the hood coming out soon so that might be worth a look.

nicko74

Hellooo! You may find that there are as many different opinions on tyres as there are, well, tyres… 🙂 . Still, there aren't many stupid questions on here*, so knock yourself out.

I've read good things about the Bonty Mud-Xs, but haven't tried any of them or the ones you mentioned, I'm afraid. So no use there 🙂

*apart from anything about superstar components and 'can you tell me about the burning car with the penguins falling out**?'
    **it's some weird old forum thing…

nickc

I tend to think the higher priced Endura stuff (FS260, MT500) are perhaps a bit better put together than some of the cheaper stuff (stands to reason I guess). Still quite expensive for a waterproof though. Not used purgatory tyres, Advantage are OK as an all rounder, mine struggled a bit when it got really claggy mind, bit on the lardy side weight wise. Bonty Mud X are good, also look at Pananracer Trailrakers when it's knee deep in mud and you're not doing too much road on your route. I use mud tyres from about mid November until about March for riding in the Chilterns

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘new, some questions’ is closed to new replies.