• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by thols2.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New Shimano groupset features Anti Lock Brakes
  • Ben_Haworth

Shimano have a brand new groupset out called CUES Di2. It’s designed principally for e-commuters and features an Anti-Lock Braking System.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

New Shimano groupset features Anti Lock Brakes

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the button below.

rOcKeTdOg

Commuters on e-bikes who don’t want to have to think about the gears. Ever. From a maintenance point of view as well as whilst riding along

until they drop the bike on the right hand side and bend the rear mech hanger, nothing will ever be maintenance free until they get rid of the vulnerable parts sticking out from the bike.

sillyoldman

They’ve offered Di2 with auto shift via Nexus and Alfine internal gear hubs on Steps equipped E-Bikes for years.

bigrich

dont need to think, just mash away with your trotters. Ebiketastic!

sillyoldman

It’s good for some, not for others. It can be disabled anyway, so don’t see a downside really.

Klunk
    Free Member

just think one day you’ll be able to send your bike out for a ride without you 🙂

jimthesaint

New tech is always exciting but if more people are going to use e-bikes to commute they need to lower the prices, not add more features.
    One of Shimano’s hub gears combined with their existing e-bike tech is more than enough for most city commuters.

Only when the big brands (Spesh, Trek, Giant) that are in most bike shops can have a good quality aluminium framed bike, with a hub gear and e-bike tech for less than £1k will it stand any chance of really taking off in the UK.

Failing that they need to develop a really easy to use/understand, interest free, lease hire scheme. Someone like PayPal/Klarna could revolutionise the sector.

kelvin

New tech is always exciting but if more people are going to use e-bikes to commute they need to lower the prices, not add more features.

It never works in just one direction… reasonable kit working better and hitting lower prices, and new features appearing on higher end kit, has been Shimano’s MO since since for always.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Proof that e-bikes are more like motorbikes than ‘proper’ bicycles?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I can think of a lot of trails that would benefit from abs…

5lab

with a reasonably torquey motor, isn’t the future of commuter ebikes one (singlespeed) thats geared to simply top out at around 60rpm (which is probably max comfortable for a casual rider) at 16mph (or whatever they’re limited to)? Pedal slower to go slower, faster to go faster. Minimal effort either way, lower costs/maintenance etc.

Gunz
    Free Member

Skids are for cool kids – fact.

kayak23

thols2

Didn’t we have a thread about this a couple of months ago?

5lab

the preview for that vid ^^ is so obviously doctored – the flat spot on the tyre is at the wrong angle and there’s blades of grass in the rear wheel. Not watching on that alone

jkomo

I thought the little squirt of oil shimano callipers pop on the disc did this anyway.

submarined
    Free Member

Didn’t we have a thread about this a couple of months ago?

Yes, it’s this one

thols2

Yes, it’s this one

My God. That one also followed an earlier thread. I’m going to see if I can follow them all the way back to the start.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.