Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • New MTB Shoes: Sidi, Diadora or Gaerne?
  • atparry

Need to purchase some new shoeses. Any recommendations on the above makes??

Anyone bought either Sidis or Diadoras from Italy (mailorder)?

Cheers
    AP

MisterT

yes bought Sidi’s and they are very good.
    yes bough Diadoras and they fell apart.
    yes bought Gaerne and they are very good.

thing is that they all have very different ‘last’ and thus suit different foot shapes. so need to try and find which best suits your shape foot.

personaly I find they are all overshaddowed by Specialized and Lake.

peteimpreza

You need to add Specialized to you list. Much more comfortable than Sidi or Shimano

julianwilson
    Free Member

rutland cycling apparently have a sale on a load of lake shoes too. Never tried them, mind. As ‘audi’ as they are, specialized shoes fit me just lovely…

mtbfix

I love my wide fit Sidis. Very nice once you put a Specialized insole in them. The insole was available after my Speccys cracked. They were very nice too but the velcro died and the sole cracked. As they are not consumables and good shoes should last you might consider going to a shop to buy some so you can try them on.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

>As ‘audi’ as they are, specialized shoes fit me just lovely<

And the similarity between Spesh shoes and Audi is?

Go on – tell us about the BMW of shoes…

MisterT

Go on – tell us about the BMW of shoes…

gotta be anything from Northwave

deluded
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Wide fitted Sidi Bullett 11’s. The most comfortable MTB shoes I’ve owned. I don’t feel overly motivated to buy anything but Sidi now, maybe Spesh potentially.

I think Bullett’s have been renamed ‘Giau’ – http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29825

All the best.

busydog
    Free Member

I’ve tried a lot of different shoes, but have settled on Sidi as the most comfortable for my feet, which are narrow. They are, unfortunately pretty pricey.
    I also like the replaceable lugs, which extends the life of the shoes considerably. My current Sidi shoes are on year 3, with 3rd set of lugs.
    I have never had a sole crack/break on them and, so far, haven’t had any of the latch gear break.

fizzer
    Free Member

I’ve had S-works (x2), 08s fell apart 06s still usable just but now have Sidi Dragons. They are the Jimmy Choos of the MTB world ultra light ultra stiff ultra pricey but top performers. I’ve never scrimped on bike shoes I think they are a very important piece of kit. Go for the Sidis buy cheap buy twice remember the quality long after the price.

lucien

Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s, Sidi’s,

closetroadie
    Free Member

I have a set of Sidi Tecno Fires (or is it Dominators) that are 18 years old. I still use them for daily commuting but now just in warmer weather. They brush up like new.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Sidis here to… I have 3 sets.. All of which are mint…

1 set of winter boots. 2 sets of carbon vernice… 😀

13thfloormonk

So…wait, are Sidi narrow or wide? I’d been given the impression the fit was much like Specialized.

captaindanger

I’ve ha all o the above, the gaernes weren’t great but they were half the price of my sidis. The sidis are brilliant though, I won’t be buying any other makes again

deluded
    Free Member

They have two fits – normal and MEGA (wide) between sizes 39 – 50.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 pairs of shoes.
    Some Shimano winter boots, pretty good.
    Some Diadora Chilli’s, pretty good but mebbe a bit narrow for my fat feet, but still pretty good.
    Some Gaerne Lapo’s, Excellent. Really good soles (Vibram), puddle proof, & the most comfy of all 3.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Had a pair of Sidi Bullets which I destroyed in 9 months of Scottish mountain riding (i.e pushing and carrying over rock and mixed terrain, fording rivers etc)

By contrast I’ve had SBC and Shimano shoes last two and three times longer. I was astounded to see they had a strip of cardboard type material between the sole and the footbed – the constant soaking just turned this stuff to mush.

They were very comfortable though and I’m sure they are ok if you are on the bike the whole time but overall I found the construction too lightweight. Overpriced too.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘New MTB Shoes: Sidi, Diadora or Gaerne?’ is closed to new replies.