• This topic has 23 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • New Mondeo, anyone got one?
  • stevied
    Free Member

Looks like I’ll be changing the car for a new one soon and, after visiting Ford for the wife to get a new Fiesta, I quite like the look of the Mondeo. Wouldn’t be my 1st choice but ticks most boxes for what we need. Might even be able to go for the 240BHP eco-boost.
    So, anyone got the new one? What’s it like?

Cougar

I had one for four years (so, pre-facelift). Truly awesome car, can’t fault it.

nedrapier

Newish, 2009. Like it. Big and comfy and quick enough (2.0l TDCI) not as economical as I hoped – supposed to be 50+mpg, computer says 44mpg, not done the real life maths.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I had a 63 plate ecobluemotionlite thing for 6 months – really didn’t like it. Noisy, rattley, slow, some of the spec was odd and the nav computer interface wasn’t great.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member
    Newish, 2009. Like it. Big and comfy and quick enough (2.0l TDCI) not as economical as I hoped – supposed to be 50+mpg, computer says 44mpg, not done the real life maths.

I did the anal stuff (empty to empty, record mileages etc), just to see, same 2.0tdci engine, but was an estate.
    Day to day commuting I was getting 39mpg. On a drive from Bradford to Dover, 3 blokes and an estate full of 3 bikes, biking gear, camping kit etc, we got 53mpg cruising @ 65-70mph all the way.

Cougar

My MPG was… less. 😳

DezB
    Free Member

Just changed my 57 plate Mondeo for a newer Passat – the Mondeo was better built, quieter (yeah, it was a petrol), smoother, more comfortable and better handling.

The Passat has better controls and sound-system, but I’d get another Mondeo next time.
    Although I did test drive a slightly newer Mondeo (lower spec model, mine was a Titanium X) and even though it only had 50K on it the interior was knackered. Either it had a very hard life or the lower spec ones aren’t as well made by a long way!

Truly awesome would be a slight exaggeration 😉

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That’s interesting – my opinions on the Mondeo were as a result of moving from the equivalent Passat which was a better car in every way.

Speshpaul

If you can I’d hold off a little longer. Any new model (not face lifts) will have build issues to start with. The MK5 is still very new.

jemima
    Free Member

59 plate 2.2 TDCi. Very happy with it. Comfy, spacious, rapid enough.
    With 175 PS, many torques and my right foot economy is not the best and chews front tyres…

DezB
    Free Member

That’s interesting – my opinions on the Mondeo were as a result of moving from the equivalent Passat which was a better car in every way.

You must’ve had a dud! No competition in the ride comfort and handling stakes.

Cougar

I went Passat > Mondeo too. There was nothing wrong with the Passat I had, but the Mondeo I had was a better car in every way. YMMliterallyV.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the newer Mondeo, I have a MK3, but every time I’ve driven a VAG car they feel remote and disconnected from a drivers point of view which is the opposite to driving a Ford.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve driven a VAG car they feel remote and disconnected from a drivers point of view which is the opposite to driving a Ford

Can’t tell if craigxxl agrees with me as I have no idea what this means. 😆

takisawa2

My views as a Mondeo owner are based on my 180k mile Mk3 model, so not very relevant. 🙂

But…By far the nicest car I’ve driven of late was a Skoda Superb.
    Lovely, lovely car.
    I’d more than happily buy one of them.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

So in response to your question OP, no. Nobody has got a new Mondeo. In fact, some people don’t seem to realise theres a new one out.

stevied
    Free Member

DBW 😆
    That’s what I was thinking, if I need info on an old Mondeo, I’ll revisit this thread.

DezB
    Free Member

Last time I try to help someone with car info.
    No really, it is! 😐

stevied
    Free Member

But I did ask about the new Mondeo, not a 57 plate. I appreciate the answers as it paints a picture of the Mondeo in general, just not the one I’m looking at 😕

daveh
    Free Member

I’ve licked the windows of one in the car park, if that counts. Interior didn’t look much of an improvement and it had an electronic handbrake (which are just silly). Doesn’t steer as well as the mk4 apparently, which didn’t steer as well as the mk3 IMO. I’ll still probably buy one when the time comes to move on from my mk4.

failedengineer

I’ve had a quick go in one, a 1.6 (or was it 1.5?)diesel. Compared to the last one I had, an 11 plate 2.0 163BHP estate, it felt a tad slow (as expected). However, it was lovely inside, smooth and quiet too. Maybe a little less taut than previously but still a very, very nice car.

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve driven the Fusion in the states which is the same as our new mondeo and had the last shape mondeo in this country too.

Both excellent cars, handle well, drive well and have plenty of toys for the money. I’m not a fan of the built up center console in the new one though.

renton
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2011 mk4.5 estate. I like it.

I have sat in the new one whilst collecting mine and I noticed the following.

The new models seats seem quite narrow and not very comfy.

The dashboard design is very nice and looks quite modern

The boot doesn’t look as big as my version.

The front end looks smart.

I would avoid a petrol ecoboost if you are doing lots of Miles. I was getting an average of less than 29 mpg out of 203bhp version.

pondo

Couple of blokes at work have them, will ask them on Monday but pretty sure they like em.

So in summary, I haven’t got one either, but I know someone who has. 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘New Mondeo, anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.