Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New kids bike
  • mrchrist

Hi,

Looking at getting my 10 year a new bike. Any one got any suggestions or know of anything suitable for sale?

Thinking 26inch wheel hardtail, something like a Vitus (26) Nucleus would do the job.

Happy to go 2nd hand and drive a bit, live near Leeds.

thegeneralist
    Free Member
    keefezza
    Free Member

How about a GT?

I’ve got just the thing and not that far away on the correct side of the hills 🙂

Latest Classified Ads

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Bloody hell. Had a scan through the classifieds. Someone is flogging his son’s 8 months old 5.10s for £55 plus postage 😆

mrchrist

He would bloody love a full suss and will be driving past there in Monday. Will make an enquiry thanks!

Can’t get that GT to load sorry.

weeksy
    ads678

I bought a second hand Trek Marlin for my daughter. 27.5 wheels but stuck some 26″ wheels in there and will go back to 27.5 as she gets bigger. I already had some good 26″ wheels though.

Forks were absolute shite, but found some nice second hand Manitou’s. The rain has a straight steerer but tapered forks fit if you fit an external bottom headset cup.

TBH though, that Trek up there looks great so I’d just buy that!!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

He would bloody love a full suss and will be driving past there in Monday. Will make an enquiry thanks!

Sorry, should have been clearer, it’s me wot’s selling.

IMG_20200417_182918~2

Lockdown shenanigans!

keefezza
    Free Member

Cheers Weeksy not sure why it did that.
    Open to offers for my lads bike 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve got a decent 24 for sale, will surely be too small though.

happybiker
    Free Member

I’ve also got a decent hard tail for sale if that doesn’t work out.

Latest Classified Ads

happybiker
    Free Member

My link doesn’t work but it’s in the hard tail section under Custom Kids Bikes.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

molgrips
    I’ve got a decent 24 for sale, will surely be too small though

Sorry for butting in on this thread ! … What u got molgrips as looking for a 24 inch for the grand daughter, as she’s outgrown her cannondale Cujo 20

mrchrist

We have settled on the Vitus now. Thanks for the suggestions though.

gingerflash

I hope the fork is better than the Suntour XCR on my son’s Saracen Mantra. It is massively overdamped, in compression and rebound. At the sort of pressure he needs for a reasonable spring rate, the fork barely rebounds at all. Rebound damping is not adjustable. Going to try switching it for an old 26″ Reba that we have in the shed.

In contrast, the RST First on his little brother’s bike is excellent, supple and active, even with a much lighter rider.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.