Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New HT frame – how long to move parts over?
  • Earl
    Free Member

New headset already installed in new fame so its just the rest of the parts.

Do-able in a couple of hours?

Goldigger
    Free Member

Get on with you it and you’ll find out…
    🙂

Scapegoat

Have you finished yet?

nickdavies

6 days 1 hour 5 minutes.

Cos it will take 3 days to have the bits that don’t fit delivered, and then another 3 days to get the little extras you always forget to buy.

5 minutes to make a brew or get a beer when you actually start building, and an hour to finish it.

Or is that just how I do it?

cookeaa

Do-able in a couple of hours?

Probably (depending on what Actual parts you are moving across) but I would spend much longer, clean up every bit and take the opportunity to renew all the cables and stuff…

Plus you are certain to find 1) something utterly knackered that needs replacing (BB maybe) and 2) something that doesn’t fit your new frame (seatpost, clamp or front mech maybe)…

Enjoy…

matt_outandabout

So are we cabling yet?

Earl
    Free Member

nope… got scared.. chicken out… fail.

I hate starting a job and not being able to finish it – tools out tools back in.

I have been staring at the old bike and new frame and walked through it in my head. I think I’m gonna come unstuck with the cabling – different outers lengths.

Easier to take into a shop…but I’m determined to pop by complete build cherry with this one.

Dither some more…

Goldigger
    Free Member

If this was you we would let you off..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Buy new cables and outers.

Remove all parts from old frame, leave shifters on the bars etc.

I can do one in about an hour if I’m rushed, all you really need to do is…

Fit fork – no need to cut steerer
    Fit BB & cranks
    Fit Mechs
    Fir Rear brake and align

It’s not the toughest job, of you need new cables and outers then add 20 mins.

rob2
    Free Member

Goldigger – I’m not so sure. Front tyre logo not aligned, seat looks like it rubs the rear tyre. Can probably overlook that though

matt_outandabout

Orange hubs on yellow frame? Poor.

And Earl – MU and get it done, with new cables.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New HT frame – how long to move parts over?’ is closed to new replies.