Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • New F1 points system
  • uplink
    Free Member

If a driver wins the first 9 races, he can now have an early holiday as he’s won it, no need to do the remaining 8. With the points system, the win comes much later at least, gone to the final race several times in the last few years.

Not so – my post from yesterday

If you check back over the last few years it would have still gone down to the last couple of races.
    The last time anyone was really dominant was 2004 with Schumacher winning 12 of the first 13 races – even then he would have technically been WC at the same point regardless of which system you measure it against [after race 10, I think]

It wouldn’t have made any difference in recent years – I can’t be bothered checking back more than 5 years

Drivers further down the grid will still fight for places for many reasons…

Points bonuses from their team – some drivers only get paid by the point/place
    Constructor points/standing
    Their CV & therefore their value when contract negotiations take place

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I think that if they considered last year too boring then they are clearly in need of a good whipping.
    It came down to the last corner of the last race, you couldnt get closer than that. More overtaking would be great & the new regs MAY do that.

If they want the person with the most wins to win the championship … which is fair enough …then stretch the points.
    20 for first, 12 for second, 8 for third 5 for fourth, 3 for fifth & 1 for sixth. That way it biases the system in a constructive way & I will understand what is going on & why the guy with 6 firsts & 11 crashes beat the guy with 5 wins & 12 second places.

uplink
    Free Member

6 firsts & 11 crashes beat the guy with 5 wins & 12 second places.

Personally, I think the former would be likely to give the best entertainment

thepurist

Woot!

Squinty and Spanky get owned by the teams…

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73810

vinnyeh

Prefer the beebs headline ‘F1 in disarray’.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘New F1 points system’ is closed to new replies.