Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • New CX bike needed – Whats DirtyDisco like and whats better?
  • yathers
    Free Member

As title says really, looking at the DD, but wonder if theres any sale cx bikes that you guys can recommend too. Looked a Canyon, What frame do you think is better, the carobon DD or an alu Canyon inflite al 8.0, 2014 with nearly £200 off. Works out at £1070, the DD £1199. Helpppp…

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I have had a DD for over a year, its a nice bike to ride and the geometry suits me, however I have issues with the lack of mud clearance at the chain stays and the fact that the rear brake hose mount reduces the clearance further.
    Headsets are expensive as well.

yathers
    Free Member

has anyone else got first hand experience of using the dirty disco, interested in the mud build up issues thesurfbus, is it really bad. Seems weird to design the frame like that, can anyone compare the dirty disco against the xls frame??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The xls is a cross race bike, the DD is supposed to be more of a trail bike,

thesurfbus
    Free Member

The other problem is that the bottle cage mounts have pulled out the frame, should have raised that with On-one but didn’t.

Mud clearance is fine for normal riding, but in the few Cross races I have entered, I have had to stop and scoop the mud out with my hands, I don’t remember them being particularly muddy courses.

My previous bike was a Cotic X which had lovely big clearances.

The other problem I had was the front wheel trying to pull out when braking, had a Tune front hub and skewer, but replaced the skewer with a more substantial FSA one last night, and it seemed better.

yathers
    Free Member

Humm, a few issues there, thanks for the feedback. mixed feeling about getting one really, i’m almost hanging out for the return of the pickenflick, but not sure if will ever resurface again??

firestarter
    Free Member

Some of the cannondales look good value as does the kinesis pro 6. Thats where my money would go

yathers
    Free Member

Ah, the only thing I wa thinking is I want to put my ks dropper into the frame, that’s a 31.6 but cannondale seem to use the skinnier 27.2 seat tube. I was going to upgrade my mtb to a reverb and pass the ks down, I know you can get droppers for 27.2, but think it would cost me more money, are really I want reverb on mtb.

nemesis
    Free Member

Chinese carbon if you don’t mind building the frame up yourself – loads of threads on them on here. £350ish for good carbon CX disc frames.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘New CX bike needed – Whats DirtyDisco like and whats better?’ is closed to new replies.