Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • New boiler fitted – how much?
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Finally got my redundancy pay and need a new boiler, how much for a condensing jobbie fitted?

montylikesbeer

Depends on Kw rating and what kit is coming out and modifications required (hole through side of house etc)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

None of that means owt to me! I was thinking £1000-1200 fitted?

ddmonkey

Between £1k and £2k depending on spec and install I would guess..

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Fair enough – just got £7000 through so that will cover it, plus the £2000 for the windows…

montylikesbeer

I had a new one fitted last year that required new pipe work and a couple of new rads, came to £1750.00

Leku
    Free Member

Our Worcester was £1400 (5 bed house and 2 bathrooms) and cost £400 to fit.

Still pains me to look at (could have bought a nice bike for that money…)

frank4short
    Free Member

400quid for a new boiler is dirt cheap. I'd echo sentiments above between 1 & 2 grand depending on size of the house & what other work is required to make it fit.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

House is 1.5 bedrooms (back room is tiny) 5 radiators.

Only need a little one as there is only me living here.

AdamW
    Free Member

I asked BG to come in and quote for a new boiler last year. The cheapest they said was over £4k. I then found the exact same boiler to buy online for less than a grand and I'm sure that paying someone to replace wouldn't cost £3k.

They did mention more building work though. I am sure the building regs change constantly to keep them in business!

69er
    Free Member

Just been quoted around £1000 for just a boiler and about £1800 for a combi boiler with some revised plumbing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘New boiler fitted – how much?’ is closed to new replies.