Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • New bike time (warning CX content)
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

I guess better it be jammed than slipping all the time. Actually quite surprised I’ve got on ok with the stock Giant saddle and not had to swap it. Feels pretty good.

Quite surprised too, given the bike’s been ridden some half a dozen times, to see the paint flaking quite badly off the Rival crank arm….

I don’t usually get any rub on crank arms. May bring that up when I pop in to my LBS to get the seat post sorted. Might ask for a discount on a Force crankset 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

What’s with the seat moving ?

Mines been fine, mind I do regularly clean behind it’s ears.. and it clamps up perfectly. ProLogo Nago Evo 40 seat fits perfectly, and with the rub pads you can really hunker down and grind away..

Nice bike ^^

mrblobby
    Free Member

Thanks 🙂

With the clamp, the two round plugs with the lower rails on that go into the hole on the seatpost have seized in the post and won’t budge. I’ve not needed to adjust saddle tilt since I’ve had it so no idea how long it’s been like that. If it wasn’t quite so new I’d just hit it with a big hammer and see what happened.

I probably need to change them at some point anyway as I want to stick my carbon railed SLR on there.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah mine did that!
    Undo seat clamp and dismantle it.
    The wedges do jam.
    I tapped it with a rubber mallet to get them to move!
    If in doubt take it to the shop!
    Max

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘New bike time (warning CX content)’ is closed to new replies.