Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • New bike first ride :)
  • firestarter
    Free Member

Well just done my local loop on it. Its nice. A bit faster than the fat bike in places a bit slower in others but overall faster and it felt easier. Also the tyres felt a lot more predictable. I like it a lot but I think it’s going to need a bit of a lower gear than the current 32-36. Still playing with tyre pressures currently on 15r 13f will play more on Thursday. Tubeless was easy with valves and some gorilla repair tape. The tyres actually mounted and held air on rim tape believe it or not. Very impressed for the money. But my seat post slipped down an inch and I gather I’m not the first after reading the net reviews. I’ve Allen keyed it up this time so will see next ride out if it stays. Also not so impressed they faced the BB for some reason despite it being ebb and not really needing it and clearly slipped with the tool and then touched up the paint, Getting it back on said faced BB doh… But they didn’t mention this to me. Oh And a cable guide was half in and cross threaded but I managed to sort it. Worse things happen at sea tho 🙂 and for the money I can’t really complain.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lots of luggage for a local loop.

firestarter
    Free Member

I always have it fitted on my bikes less faff. Spare tube and tools in rear and phone and keys in front and spare pouch for pasty 😉

weeksy

bit faster than the fat bike

That’s not a fat bike up there ?

firestarter
    Free Member

No its a 27.5 plus 2.8 rear 3.0 front, pinnacle ramin 3 plus

matt_outandabout

It’s a bike.
    It’s red.
    Therefore it’s fast.

iainc

that looks a solid lump of a thing….. 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

Second ride out faster everywhere 🙂 bargain

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Very quick scan read, I take it that is a Ramin 3+?

Do like, plus I think I saw they are currently reduced to £650 at Evans.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yes it is mate its currently 630 and I got 27 quid cash back from quidco. so 603 all In 🙂

bearnecessities

Where’s that last pic Mick?

firestarter
    Free Member

Eccup reservoir mate

avdave2

I’ve been thinking of getting one of these, one of the few newer bikes with chain tensioning and 135mm spacing so I could run my Rohloff in it.

blader1611
    Free Member

I take it the first picture is at Harewood House? I did that loop on tuesday night and it looks like they have smoothed out the downhill run from the gates, i kinda liked it when it was roughed up.
    Nice bike by the way.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yes it’s much smoother now isn’t it. Oh I did the seat post qr up with an Allen key as it has a bolt hole and it didn’t move so happy days

blader1611
    Free Member

Going past the Emmerdale set back towards eccup is still a quagmire though,i hate that bit.

firestarter
    Free Member

Yeah it does get boggy

postierich
    Free Member

See you @ the South Lakes 100 #jennride Mick perfect bike for it wkd 19th of May 🙂

rocket
    Free Member

That looks purposeful – nice. Do all your bikes have to be red? Do you go ‘nee nah nee nah’ when riding? Sorry, IGMC 🙂

I just got an Arkose 4 in the same colour. Was in 2 minds aabout it at first, especially as a City fan, but its really grown on me.

firestarter
    Free Member

Just need a blue light rocket 🙂

Rich that’s my birthday I dint know if that’s a good or a bad thing lol I’ll have check my shifts mate

bumper
    Free Member

Cool bike, been trying to buy one since Saturday but my Evans account is locked and it won’t let me reset the password!!! Not had any reply from Evans either to sort it out.

Now for the rather personal speed dating Q’s 😆

What size is yours and what inside leg?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Needs more Jones bars Mick…

firestarter
    Free Member

Mines a med think inside leg is 31 maybe I’m five nine and a bit 🙂

Nick not tried Jones a bit expensive to try tbh tho I used to love my Mary bars, well when they were upside down lol

bumper
    Free Member

Cheers firestarter. Looks like mine will be a medium too 😉

I’d read the reports on the seat post, is it because it’s shimmed? Tried any carbon paste on it or a 31.6?

firestarter
    Free Member

I didn’t tbh but the qr has an Allen key hole which allows it to be nipped right up and it kept it solid so I’m happy with that

bumper
    Free Member

glad it’s sorted, I’ll probably pop a non qr on. Going to try and take a look at one next week, very happy with my Arkose so this should be a great bike too.

Clink

Sooo- will it fit 29er wheels?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Meant to say Mick. It does look lovely Pal..

firestarter
    Free Member

Clink the blub says so and it has instructions on the frame of where to position the EBB for 29er wheels but I don’t have any

Ta nick 😉

Clink

Thanks

monkeychild
    Free Member

I was looking at this the other day. I want to scratch the fat itch as my fast days are gone courtesy of my knee is. So I am after a bike I can pootle with the family, take to a trail centre or just bimble around the churned up bridleways. This may fit the bill and I can get it for just under £600 maybe even less with quidco

monkeychild
    Free Member

I can get it for just under £600 maybe even less with quidco

No anymore as they’ve put the price back up!!!

bumper
    Free Member

No anymore as they’ve put the price back up!!!

£600 was tempting, £750 is no longer as sweet!!

The pics still say sale but the price doesn’t.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I know! I bet the gits have spotted the increase in web traffic and upped the price!!!

firestarter
    Free Member

Edinburgh cycles did that the other week the longitude I was looking at was still in the sale but went up by 50 quid. Glad I got it when I did 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘New bike first ride :)’ is closed to new replies.