Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • New bike build – should I bother ?
  • elajel

I am currently running a 2008 turner flux. Still going strong, but like its owner getting pretty long in the tooth. Been promising myself a new bike for a while and considering buying a starling frame to build up. The wait list for the frame is 12 weeks, which is fair enough for a hand made. Obviously I have chosen the worst time ever to do this with COVID/brexit supply issues on most of the components. I can get wheels ok, but forks, shock, groupset etc seem to be pretty impossible. I’ve waited this long should- should I just wait till next year and hope supply issues get resolved, or order the frame now and start picking up components as I can find them? Could end up taking just as long.

funkmasterp

I’ve just in the process of building a bike from scratch. A mixture of new and used parts and to be honest the only issue has been getting hold of a headset. It’s allegedly arriving tomorrow after four weeks. For drivetrain I just shopped around for the individual components rather than buy of a groupset.

I’ll caveat the above with the fact I’m building a rigid bike so no suspension parts needed.

duncancallum

Order the frame

Just be cany on ordering of parts.

Better to have a bird in the hand as it were

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.

This $10 Drink Gadget is Pretty Cle...
Singletrack Video Archive: This $10 Drink Gadget is Pretty Clever plus Q&A