Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • New Bike – brown content
  • Frankers
    Free Member

Large Espresso Soul

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

That looks really nice.

Frankers
    Free Member

Cheers Fella 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

Still need to shorten brake hoses though, and changing to ZTR Flow rims soon

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Boudica deserves a better bench.

nuke

Hmmm, initially ‘yes’ but actually having looked at it for a bit ‘no’…might as well have called it marmite Soul as its going to be a love or hate colour. Nice build though 🙂

sc-xc

Stunning colour, looks ace.

Frankers
    Free Member

Some of my mates were initially WTF 😥

Then later on it was starting to grow on them

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

TIP TOP colour…

My tip this year for the colours are coffee cream,bronze offwhite etc..

MY RUSH will be coffee & cream..Just sorting the correct Brown-bronse-chocolate colour then pinstripping the cream-off white !!!

BE different …

nickhart
    Free Member

one thing (well two) missing,

Coasting
    Free Member

Fantastic love the new colour

nuke

My tip this year for the colours are coffee cream,bronze offwhite etc..

😆 Get you Vogue editor-in-chief

ononeorange

Looks good.

But I agree with CF, Boudicca needs a better bench.

duckman

Can’t see it as the work hates flicker! Been wondering what the new colours looked like built.(hint,hint)

hora
    Free Member

Agree, like the colour. Reminds me of my old rootbeer Heckler. Very very nice.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Love the colour – needs white forks though 🙂

woodey
    Free Member

nice – seconded the white forks

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Different, not in a good way IMO.

Frankers
    Free Member

Yep white forks would have looked great, but I really wanted 20mm Maxle and Rockshox aren’t doing reba’s in white……..so what to do??

Yep the bench ain’t much to look at but anything better would get sawn off and limited by the local Oiks

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Love the colour, but I think you can have too much of a good thing with the saddle and grips in brown too.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I like the frame colour a lot, but I come out being very slightly disappointed by the build as a whole. I agree with ADH that the saddle is a bit much. If it was mine it would end up with some very minor gold and red accents I think. Maybe headset spacers. 😀

Frankers
    Free Member

Love the colour, but I think you can have too much of a good thing with the saddle and grips in brown too. Saddle brown but grips are black (but well worn)

BigDummy – Member
    I like the frame colour a lot, but I come out being very slightly disappointed by the build as a whole. I agree with ADH that the saddle is a bit much. If it was mine it would end up with some very minor gold and red accents I think. Maybe headset spacers.

Yep know what you mean red and gold may look good, really fancy some mango King hubs too but how to justify swapping for the sake of it. Most parts came of my 5 Spot which i sold earlier this year.

Tried a blask SDG but it looked crap, so brown tan is staying, just needed wearing in and making dirtier

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’ve some spare gold spacers if you want. Drop me a line on jonDOTrollasonATmacfarlanesDOTcom

🙂

Lanesra
    Free Member

Yep white forks would have looked great, but I really wanted 20mm Maxle and Rockshox aren’t doing reba’s in white……..so what to do??

I’ve seen white reba maxles in several cycle surgery stores (London) £399 iirc

Not sure about the colour. I’ve got an original battleship grey frame and am thinking of snapping a custard before they disappear

Frankers
    Free Member

I’ve seen white reba maxles in several cycle surgery stores (London) £399 iirc

I thought Revelation and Reba “29er” forks were only available in white 😥

theflatboy
    Free Member

i’d def put mango CK H/S and hubs on it. 🙂

Lanesra
    Free Member

I thought Revelation and Reba “29er” forks were only available in white

The original batch were white – now they’re black so its a case of who has old stock I guess

tang
    Free Member

100mm in white i think. better of the two browns, still like my matt black better 😉 bonty are doing brown carbon soled shoes (in this months WMB). if you are quick you may vanish on woody singletrack!

Frankers
    Free Member

Black was the other option as my mate has a Custard

Frankers
    Free Member

Bimbler
    Free Member

Don’t really like brown for bikes, except those Trek 69’ers, which looked ace. Probably looks better in the flesh too.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

More brown content:

Gooooorgeous!

Definitely the new black 8)

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

A brown stiffee…?

(I’ll get me coat)

Lovely cotic by the way. Very tempted myself when the funds allow it.

miketually
    Free Member

I really like that colour. I used to have a brown bike, in fact I still do but it’s hanging up in my garage unloved. That had silver decals and kit, with orange highlights:

Frankers
    Free Member

That’s it i want some Orange bits for it, where from??? 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member
    Olly
    Free Member

just as well you didnt bother to tidy up the cables, if you had i might be sitting in the office trying to hide a semi…..

thats dead nice

Frankers
    Free Member

can’t afford any new King stuff or any of these

the_baron
    Free Member

Looks great – wish that colour has been available when I got mine.

nuke

They’ve got an expresso coloured Soul built up in the window of Head for the Hills…have to say, the colour is actually starting to grow on me. Didn’t know HFTH did Cotic…well they didn’t when I asked about a Hemlock frame last year 😕

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘New Bike – brown content’ is closed to new replies.