Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Neighbour woes who owns the fence ?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Ps I have some bombers and you own shoes

Cougar

I phoned my cousin who’s a property lawyer and he said

… what I said, then. (-:

The elephant in the room is whether you value neighbourly harmony over the price of a fence. Personally I don’t like bullies and have a genetic disposition to fighting bastard with bastard, but I don’t have to live there.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

value neighbourly harmony

I do but this time I’m not backing down he has done this to us over a tree a few years ago

maybe he should contact the previous owner and tell him to fix his fence ! (like that by the way nice one Cougar)

see here !

arsehole neighbour bully tactic

iamsporticus
    Free Member

You still haven’t convinced me that you have no responsibility for maintaining this boundary

Have you asked the neighbours or just blagged it with the email?
    What proof do they have regarding boundary issues and is this transferable to your own circumstance?

I fear by mentioning that you’ve taken legal advice you have escalated to an inevitably painful, acrimonious and expensive nightmare

Thread bookmarked

Cougar

he has done this to us over a tree a few years ago

So he believes he’ll get away with it.

I’d leave it, and then see if I could borrow a friend’s dog to play in the back garden for a couple of weeks.

martinhutch

my neighbour who is usually okay and we get on

he has done this to us over a tree a few years ago

Hmmm…

Make him wait months for the shittest, cheapest fence ever. If he complains, try a sing-song version of ‘It’s next on my to-do list’.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Have you asked the neighbours or just blagged it with the email?

I have this afternoon

You still haven’t convinced me that you have no responsibility for maintaining this boundary

he hasnt proved it to me either

What proof do they have regarding boundary issues and is this transferable to your own circumstance?

none ! thats the way its just been

I live in a terrace house so I have ONE fence !

not sending email till tomorrow afternoon

Junkyard
    Free Member

Sod that tell him it his responsibility and to sort it and you wont pay another penny that is legally his in order to maintain friendly relations

IME – points at neighbour through wall- folk like this will just keep taking the piss for ever and ever

when its his you pay and when its your you pay

Liek cougar i could live with a miserable unhappy neighbour rather than pay them for ever to stop their inner **** being on display.

LeeW

You have a cousin who’s a property lawyer but you asked on here first?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

You have a cousin who’s a property lawyer but you asked on here first?

we’re not great friends !

LeeW

Ah, I’d take the advice off here then – he may lead you up the garden path, and that’s a whole other dispute!

Cougar

Tell him that your roof needs repair and the previous owner said the neighbour had arranged to fix it last time, see what he says?

senorj

Looking into the house from the street ,the boundary on the left is usually yours.
    At least that’s how it’s been on 3 properties I’ve had.
    Oh , plus me mothers& nana’s ……

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

Tell him that your roof needs repair and the previous owner said the neighbour had arranged to fix it last time, see what he says?

actually he said hed fix your roof as well even though he doesn’t know you !

tom200

Unless you have a dog just put some wire up.

My neighbours on each side have both replaced the buggered fence with posh post and rail ones. I spoke to the neighbours on one side to tell him I was going to replace the fence at some point, he said “don’t bother, I am replacing it tomorrow”. Turns out he is a complex cock though, he has covered his whole garden 100×10″ with neting to stop my cats pooing in his garden! He gets extremely cross when I have to cut a hole in it to rescue them, after they have found the only way in.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wow I cannot believe he objects to your cats shit in his garden

that is so insensitive of him

baldman
    Free Member

Having just bought a house our deeds stated which fences we own. Worth digging yours out and double checking before sending the email, neighbour disputes are messy. Our previous neighbour was a nightmare and although never got as far as legal issues we did have to declare it when selling the house.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Worth digging yours out and double checking before sending the email, neighbour disputes are messy.

nothing on deeds about fences unfortunatly

tom200

Wow I cannot believe he objects to your cats shit in his garden

that is so insensitive of him

I know, it’s not as if they are singling him out.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Looking into the house from the street ,the boundary on the left is usually yours.

not true

baldman
    Free Member

My last three houses my fences have all been right and back fence in back garden, that is when standing with back to house looking down garden, may be typical arrangement?

Pity nothing in the deeds, good luck, hope you get it sorted amicably.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

from land registry website…

Does the title plan show my boundary?
    The word boundary has no special meaning in law. In land ownership, it is understood in two ways:
    ? the legal boundary – is the line which is not visible on the ground which divides one person’s land from another’s. It is an exact line having no thickness. It is rarely identified with any precision either on the ground or in the deeds.
    ? the physical boundary – is a physical feature such as a fence, wall or a hedge.
    The legal boundary may be intended to follow the physical boundary, but this is not always the case. For example, the legal boundary may run down the centre of a hedge, along either of its sides, or anywhere within or beyond it.

crankboy
    Free Member

Do you need / want a fence ?
    Him ” when are you going to fix your fence ? “
    You ” it’s OK I’m not that bothered about it . I don’t really like to feel confined by a artificial boundary What is a fence really its just an unnecessary barrier between us . I’m looking forward to enjoying the summer together with nothing getting in our way”
    He will be building that fence before you know it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Knock the lot down, when he complains …..”it’s my f***ing fence , pal”

(went 50/50 when ours blew down)

tthew

What’s all this check your deeds advice here. Am I the only one who doesn’t have the effing clue where my deeds are? Should I be worried?

I have an arrangement over our fence with my neighbours, who are a bit weird. Panels fit in my van, so I sort it. He paid for it originally, he paints it most years, I do it when I feel guilty and whack some new wood on to replace the broken bits. Easy, and everyone is happy.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Resolved !

I went round and told him to shove the fence up his bottom !

Ok thats not what happened I went round this eve and we had a chat, we have agreed that both of will fix the panels together when the weather gets better as for overall ownership for the time being he knows its not mine and he admitted that…he obviously got some advice today as well.

feel better…yes and ..no but can’t be dealing with neighbour wars, I have way to much more important things going on.

Thanks for all replies

scotroutes

Excellent. A job awaits you in the Middle East.

Cougar

What’s all this check your deeds advice here.

The deeds that the OP mentioned in his, er, OP, you mean? Those deeds?

Resolved !

Good work. I think your rectal hedging was a better idea though.

granny_ring

Glad you’ve sorted it.

When we replaced our fence (left hand side looking from the back of the house down the garden) we ended up paying for over half of our neighbours fence (our right hand side) as we wanted more privacy and their fence was a clapped out propped up mess. It was a price worth paying, even though they pissed me off with their lack of appreciation of our hard graft.

Like you say though, not worth falling out over a fence but it does test the boundaries…….boom tish. 🙂

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Neighbour woes who owns the fence ?’ is closed to new replies.