Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Need new cranks – what's best value at the moment?
  • BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

CRC have SLX M660 for £89… anything else more deserving of my cash out there right now?

andyl
    Free Member

not really except Deore at about £45.

Check the euro shops for deals but I think CRC are the cheapest for SLX at the moment.

stevede
    Free Member

Stick with SLX if you can afford them – have them on both of my bikes and rate them highly, no need to spend more unless your on a weight shaving mission. Deore also good value cheaper option.

angryratio
    Free Member

nothing wrong with deore.

Northwind

Deore is good, SLX is better… BB will last about 50% longer which is worth a tenner alone, and there’s a fair bit of weight difference. That said, I wouldn’t turn my nose up at Deore either.

Deveron53
    Free Member

SLX arms still look shiny and new after a year of riding in the peaks. Best cranks ever.

GW
    Free Member

S/H old saint half the price and teamed with deore BBs will outlast anything else out there. poish them if you want summing shiny.

pickle
    Free Member

been running a set of Deore for over a year now and they’re great! for £45 you can’t go wrong.

hambl90
    Free Member

Got my slx at Rose bikes for £80 posted

thomthumb
    Free Member

slx is noticably stiffer than deore if that bothers you.

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Deveron53 – Member
    SLX arms still look shiny and new after a year of riding in the peaks. Best cranks ever.

Same for mine, two year use in Spain.

+1 SLX

All my fleet bikes have Deore arms and although decent value they really show the wear and tear.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Is it heck!

carbon337
    Free Member

SLX are great value – cant fault them.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Is it heck!

should that be.

I can notice the difference in stiffness. not that it bothers me.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

+1 SLX

Saints are tough but the older ones are heavy.

Northwind

thomthumb – Member

IIRC What Mountain Bike did a deflection test on them and the Deore gave better results. I can’t feel any difference between my SLX or XTR or my mate’s Deore though, only cranks I can feel any difference with is my cheapo Shimano square tapers but they’re made of cookie dough.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Need new cranks – what's best value at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.