• This topic has 46 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tron.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Need a car for the mrs.Any ideas?
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

@trail rat – I’ve had 6, I would have had more but the ex-Mrs banned further golfs. By far the worst was a Mk3 1.3. I may buy another now I’m divorced !

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, get petrol engine car.

trail_rat
    Free Member

your Ex mrs has her head screwed on 😀

how ever i cant really speak as my mate pointed out the other night – i have 2 french cars and a british car on my drive…… im a break down waiting to happen.

ironically the only car that has never made it home under its own power was the golf.

MoreCashThanDash

Skoda Fabia or Roomster (nicer when you are inside it)

Basically a cheaper Polo/Ibiza/A2

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Yaris, older one without painted bumpers will save you some heartache.

stumpy01

MoreCashThanDash – Member
    Skoda Fabia or Roomster (nicer when you are inside it)

Basically a cheaper Polo/Ibiza/A2

Possibly a bit pedantic, but when I got my Ibiza, the equivalent Fabia was >£1k more expensive (£8500 v’s £7500). The Ibizas I was looking at seemed to depreciate faster for an equivalent age/spec/mileage.
    Perhaps the vRS badge on the Fabia kept the prices up as it was in the motoring press quite a bit, whereas the Ibiza wasn’t?
    The Polo was even more expensive for a more basic car with more miles (ahem, cassette deck and no air-con, let alone climate control for more money……no thanks.)

Many of the cars suggested above will be perfectly fine, but most of it will come down to personal preference so it’s probably best to go and look at some of them to try out.

tron
    Free Member

The old 8v 1.4 VW engine is about 60 bhp. The 1.6 8v was 75,but surprisingly happy to do big motorway miles.

That said, for 6 miles each way? 2 litre passat or mondeo. They’re comfy and cheap. You’ll have at least a grand in the bank over buying a golf or focus.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Need a car for the mrs.Any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.