Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Nectar card – what is it actually good for
  • nealglover
    Free Member

If the card scheme didn’t exist, you’d probably be paying 80p for the product.

Possibly a fraction of a penny less.

But not 20% less 😆

Anyway, the card scheme does exist, so it’s a pointless comparison when deciding wether to use it or not.

no money is free

If it costs me nothing to get it (which it doesn’t) then it’s free.

dmorts

I got about £60 on my nectar card. Shop at Sainsbury’s and buy fuel there. Would shop at Sainsbury’s without the card and fuel is most convenient, so I see it as a net gain.

dannybgoode

My clubbing mates find them useful for making little lines of what I assume to be talc. I guess they’re measuring a little bit for each toe they’re going to put it between…

finbar
    Free Member

Yesterday afternoon at Sainsurys I bought some smoked mackerel, onions, a pot of Taste the Difference mushroom sauce (it was reduced) and three bananas. All your marketeers can have that for free if you like – and I won’t even expect any points in return.

ourmaninthenorth

I know academics who are busy analysing supermarket loyalty card data for health correlations. Those who consider they have nothing to fear are probably right….while the results are in the hands of nerdy data scientists.

You probably have more to worry about when health insurance companies get hold of the same analysis, as that period when you bought beer every week 10 years ago is now used against you to deny you healthcare for that recurring kidney infection….

Drac

No money is free. Doesn’t grow on trees etc.

Well that depends if you use notes or coins. 😆

ads678

I generally buy diesel from Tesco and use my clubcard, we usually shop at Lidl or Morrison as they are close to us. I still get free channel tunnel crossings every year.

I got Tesco points for buying car tyres from blackcircles and you can take £50 out of your TopCashback account as tesco point each year. These points all triple up for tunnel crossings.

#Stickingittothetescomarketingman……….

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

You probably have more to worry about when health insurance companies get hold of the same analysis, as that period when you bought beer every week 10 years ago is now used against you to deny you healthcare for that recurring kidney infection….

The data is made anonymous for use by 3rd parties. Though I’m sure the tinfoil hat brigade think otherwise.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The data is made anonymous for use by 3rd parties. Though I’m sure the tinfoil hat brigade think otherwise.

That’s exactly what you’d like us to think!

I bet you know exactly how much tinfoil, I personally, buy every week!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I bet you know exactly how much tinfoil, I personally, buy every week!

FWIW the Tesco Value stuff you insist on buying doesn’t keep the radiation out particularly well.

nealglover
    Free Member

You have kind of proved my point there really haven’t you.

There is no real reason for me to care about the data they collect…….

….So you have started making up entirely fictional reasons instead 😆 bravo!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Nectar card – what is it actually good for’ is closed to new replies.