• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by LAT.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • NBD: Starling, Boardman, Magura, We Are One, Silca, WPS, Scrub
  • Ben_Haworth

New Bike (and bike stuff) Day! Last week’s tech news roundup went down well so… let’s have another one.

By ben_haworth

Get the full story on our front page at:

NBD: Starling, Boardman, Magura, We Are One, Silca, WPS, Scrub

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

sanername

All I hope is that Starling still do 142 back ends. I’ve been saving for a while and am nearly there.

fahzure

@sanername change your hub end caps?

Northwind

Yeah, changing rear hub width is usually simple. I’m still using my old 142 hubs in all my bikes

ads678

Yep, even if you can’t get specific boost end caps for your hub a generic rear boost kit is about a tenner.

v7fmp

haven’t Starling always said that whether its 142 or 148 spacing, your hubs should work, as the flex in the steel allows the rear end to bend to suit?! Just crank up the axle?! 😛

desperatebicycle

Silca pumps… HOW MUCH!?! 😆

Bazz

You should see the price of their chain wax!

tthew

That non-linear gauge has to be worth paying some extra for though…

hmm, maybe not that much. 😁

LAT

All I hope is that Starling still do 142 back ends. I’ve been saving for a while and am nearly there.

i’m not sure that they ever did. the last thing i remember seeing on their website is that 142 works with spacers. i used the simple washer type while waiting for my fancy kit to arrive. they are fine. order your frame as soon as you can!

and from the pictures it looks like the bearings are now in the swing arm held in place by a pinch bolt. easy home maintenance.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.